Ch.5 : trust and care

"I'll stay".....as soon as the words left Lily's mouth the tense atmosphere of the room completely changed into one which was similar to children celebrating christmas. It didn't help calm Lily's nerves though.....she couldn't understand what made her say yes??...why did she say that??..but it was too late. She felt Changbin's strong grip around her neck loosening as he removed the knife. She let go off the breathe she didn't realise she was holding. Changbin came in front of her with a smile, putting his hands on her shoulder and staring at her eyes he whispered, "Good Choice".

Seungmin came forward and untied the restrains. He then took out medications from his first aid kit and applied it on the Mark's left behind by those on Lily's wrist. It was clear he had a good hand and was in charge of the medics in the group. Lily winced against the warm feeling of ointment on her skin. "It's going to burn a bit...but it'll get better I promise"  said Seungmin in a somewhat panicked voice. "It's fine..j-just the suddenness", Lily whispered. "It is gonna get better soon", Seungmin said softly as he caressed her bandages and placed a soft kiss on her bandage covered wrists. A weird warmth ran through Lily's body. She never had anyone to take care of her wounds....but for the first time she did. And it was  a nice feeling..even though she tried her best to oppose that feeling.

Lily thought she would now be shifted to her wheelchair but let out small yelp when she felt herself being raised from the chair in bridal style by a pair of strong arms. She looked up and saw the angelic face of Bangchan. "Wait a second who decided you're the one spending time with her first ??", asked Han. "It always starts with the eldest", said Chan with a laugh as he carried Lily outside leaving the others whining out protests. Lily couldn't help but continue staring at Chan's face. "How can someone who looked so furious and terrifying a few minutes back change into a complete different person....but then looks are deceiving", Lily thought to herself. As for Chan, he felt her eyes on him but didn't dare to look back down to her. He could feel a deep pink blush erupting on his face. What's with his confidence going down all of a sudden?? He couldn't find the answer to this question.

They entered in a room which Lily guessed was Chan's. He slowly and gently placed her on the bed. "I'll be back in just a sec", he said and left her alone in the. In the past 24 hrs it was the first time she was able to think back to everything that happened to her. Her entire life had switched upside down and all she could do was sit back and look at it. Her body slumped at the head rest of the bed as tears which threatened to fall all this time slowly did so. What would they do to her??...all that she had heard about them from people around...if even a little of it was true she was doomed. Lily closed her eyes shut with tears rolling down her cheeks thinking of the worst possibilities but was soon engulfed in a warm hug.

She felt strong muscular arms wrapped around her small frame. From the perfume before, she guessed it was Chan. Her head pressed against his chest with a hand at the back of head gave her a weird comfort. And the oversized hoodie Chan was wearing gave extra warmth to her. Chan placed his chin over her head pulling her even closer to him engulfing her completely as if afraid to let her go. He caressed her hair softly as he whispered. "You're alright...don't worry. I am very very sorry for being so harsh and possessive...we all are....it's just we d-don't know how to gently show our love or....show love in general. All of us are orphans...none of us ever loved...except by each other. Please please please be a bit patient with us. I promise we will make you fall in love with us, protect you and give you lots and lots of love, just...please.", said Chan. By the end of it felt as if he was going to cry himself. It was true tho.....none of them had ever been loved by any family. They understood what it meant only after they were a part of Stray kids. But still romantic feeling were something the 8 of them were new to. All they ever wanted to was to be understood but faced misunderstandings. Hearing these words made Lily feel strangely comforted. Her tears ceased as her sobs slowly turned into tiny hiccups. Gaining back her voice she softly spoke, "W-would you h-hurt me ?". "No no never.....yeah it does seem a bit unbelievable with the way our first meeting went b-but we won't hurt you ever..we promise..just trust us for once..please", pleaded Chan. He never imagined he would be ever showing such emotions. Being the ruthless mafia king he himself thought he was void of all emotions but love can make people do so many unimaginable stunts.

Instead of replying to the request Lily mumbled, "I'm sleepy", firstly cause she was sleepy after such a tiring day..and secondly she didn't trust them enough to say yes yet. "Y-yeah", said Chan. Lily laid on the bed as Chan gently covered her with a duvet and himself proceeded towards the couch at the corner of his room. "W-where are you going", Lily questioned. "I'll sleep on the couch till you get completely comfortable.....Good night", replied Chan as he made his bed on the sofa. Even though he did not expect a reply back...he heard a faint good night addressed to him which was enough for him to grin like an idiot. With the said agreement made, both of them slipped into their slumber after the hectic day.....or at least tried to.