Chapter 28

Early the next morning, Pei Shaoze woke up and received a system notification.

[Plot task: Take Cheng Xia home for the new year. Yes/No]

He frowned and asked as he got dressed, "What do you mean by letting me take Cheng Xia home for the new year?"

The system explained it. [The system just publishes tasks according to time. Originally, you should've marked Cheng Xia in the first step and he would've become your lover. At this point in time, you should take him back to see your parents during the new year. Since the novice mission hasn't been completed, the plot has gone wrong. Since this task isn't completed, your player points will be deducted again.]

Pei Shaoze asked, "How much is the deduction?"

[This task is 10 points.]

"Oh, then deduct it."

The system, "......"

The system seemed to have expected the answer. In any case, Pei Shaoze had always ignored the system's notifications. This was clearly a love script that cultivated feelings after marking the protagonist. Why did it change to an upgrade stream in the entertainment industry?

[This is a friendly reminder. You only have 35 player points left.]

Pei Shaoze wondered indifferently, "The previous plot task required me to see Lin Qianshu. I didn't go and had 5 points deducted. I saw him last night. Can these points be added back?"

The system worried about it for a moment before whispering, [The task didn't have a set completion time limit. It can be added back.]

There was a ding in his head and the player points changed back to 40. It was fine as long as the player points weren't deducted to 0 points. Pei Shaoze continued to ignore the system task and got dressed. Just after washing, he received a call from his mother Lu Manjing. The woman asked softly, "Shaoze, it is the new year soon. I have prepared your favorite dumplings. Will you come back for the New Year's Eve dinner?"

"Yes, I'm going home now."

On New Year's Eve, he should really go back to spend the new year with his family in this world. As for taking Cheng Xia home on such an important day... he had no reason to bring company artists home, not to mention that Cheng Xia had to accompany his parents.

As the system said, the plot had gone completely wrong so just let it continue to go off the rails. He didn't like being forced to do things. He would personally control the plot of this world.

Pei Shaoze gave the driver a holiday and drove back in person. As he parked his car in the garage, he saw a very cool red sports car parked next to him. He didn't know who owned it. Pei Shaoze opened the door doubtfully and saw a teenager around 18 years old lying on the sofa and playing games.

The boy's hair was dyed red and he applied a lot of hairspray. His hair rose almost to the sky. He had a row of diamond earrings in his ears which shone in the light. There was heating at home so he only wore short sleeves and had a huge brand LOGO and a silver skull metal chain was hung around his neck.

Pei Shaoze's expression sank. This non-mainstream, chunni appearance belonged to the original Pei Shaoze's younger brother.

The original novel didn't have a lot of description about his younger brother except that he was studying in a third-rate university and his grades were bad. He ran and played games every day with a group of friends, following the teachings handed down by his older brother. There was such a pair of useless sons, it was no wonder that by the end of the book, Master Pei's condition deteriorated and he died bitterly.