Chapter 39

In this ABO world, the differentiated alphas and omegas usually reduced close physical contact out of politeness. Omega actors in the entertainment industry would be injected with 'inhibitors' for a long time. Similarly, if an alpha played against an omega, they would use pheromones masking agents to mask their pheromones smell.

Cheng Xia and Shen Kai had been filming together for many days. The two of them never had any physical contact but Shen Kai still politely used the pheromones masking agent. Therefore, Cheng Xia wasn't affected in any way when he acted against Shen Kai.

However, Pei Shaoze never used a pheromones masking agent. He was a walking hormone. No matter where he went, everyone could tell in an instant that this adult male was a powerful alpha.

The pheromones from his body smelled particularly good. It was a cold, woody aroma with a faint abstinence. Once the air was full of this smell, the enveloped omega couldn't help their legs weakening.

Cheng Xia's body was weak now.

The entire room was full of President Pei's pheromones: cold, detached and mysterious. People couldn't help wanting to get closer.

Cheng Xia's heart was beating so fast that it was almost out of control. This alpha was too close to him and the impact on him was hard to ignore. In his mind, he couldn't help thinking of the night he met President Pei for the first time. He seemed to have kissed President Pei when his pheromones were out of control... no, he just hugged the other person and kissed the corner of his mouth. Was that a first kiss?

Cheng Xia was in turmoil and simply shrunk back into the blanket, burying himself in it so only his head was revealed. Then he spoke in a trembling voice, "President Pei, you can go back to rest first. Thank you for coming to see me. I'm fine."

He was trying to keep calm but his voice was shaking uncontrollably.

Pei Shaoze heard Cheng Xia's slightly trembling voice and was more worried. He carefully touched the other person's forehead but didn't feel heat. Then he withdrew his hand and asked gently, "Are you uncomfortable? Tell me."

Cheng Xia thought to himself, 'I am uncomfortable all over. It is because you are too close to me and I'm affected by your pheromones.'

The temptation from an adult alpha made Cheng Xia almost unable to hold on.

Pei Shaoze saw he was hiding in the quilt with only his head exposed. His uneasy eyes dodged around and he was obviously very uncomfortable. His forehead wasn't hot but his face was red like he was boiled. Pei Shaoze got up. "I'm going to see the doctor."

He walked to the door and met Qin Yu's eyes through the glass window. Pei Shaoze was stunned for a moment. Then he opened the door, lowered his voice and wondered, "Qin Yu, when did you come?"

Qin Yu glanced at the young man in the room, closed the door and took Pei Shaoze into the corridor. He smiled and said, "You didn't touch him that night and gave him an inhibitor. It turned out that you wanted to put out a long line to catch a big fish. You want him to like you first so he will be willingly marked by you?" Qin Yu patted his friend on the shoulder with a happy face. "Unexpectedly, you are a master in love."

Pei Shaoze frowned unhappily. "What are you talking about?"

Qin Yu shrugged in a joking manner. "Last time, you told Lu Xuan and Qianshu that you already have someone you like. Didn't you mean Cheng Xia? The only omega that has been close to you during this time is Cheng Xia, right?"

Pei Shaoze was silent.

Qin Yu was one of the few people who knew what had happened that night. At that time, Cheng Xia's pheromones had gone out of control in his villa and he urgently called Qin Yu to bring inhibitors to help. Later at the get together, he made up the excuse of 'I have someone I like' to make Lin Qianshu give up. It was normal that Qin Yu would think of Cheng Xia.