Chapter 73

Pei Shaoze heard Cheng Xia's frank confession and it felt like his hard and cold outer shell was being gently peeled off by Cheng Xia. The young man's slender fingers carefully touched the deepest part of his heart and scratched gently.

His heart became numb and an electric current swept through his body. Even the pores on his back opened comfortably. Was this the feeling of being confessed to by someone you liked?

'In my heart, there has always been only you'—this was really the best sentence Pei Shaoze had ever heard.

Pei Shaoze reached out and gently hugged the young man on his lap. He wrapped one hand around Cheng Xia's waist and raised Cheng Xia's chin with his other hand, gently kissing this person. Cheng Xia's entire body was lifted up and he sat on the alpha's strong thigh. This posture made his heart thump and redness spread all the way from his cheeks to the base of his ears.

Cheng Xia was kissed and hurriedly reached out his hand to nervously cling to Pei Shaoze's shoulder to prevent himself from falling. Pei Shaoze's kiss was particularly gentle, delicate, and warm. It was like kissing the tip of his heart and Cheng Xia almost melted. Cheng Xia gasped and responded shyly, "Mm... Pei... Brother Pei... um..."

He didn't know why but today's Pei Shaoze was different from the usual calm President Pei. Cheng Xia was dizzy by the kiss but he still had some doubts in his mind. Was there something wrong with what he just said? Didn't Brother Pei know that Cheng Xia had a crush on him?

After being kissed for 10 minutes, Cheng Xia felt the hand on his waist slightly loosened. He looked up and found the alpha staring at him intently, dark eyes full of tenderness. Pei Shaoze's thumb gently rubbed the corner of Cheng Xia's wet lips as he said, "It turns out the person you like has always been me."

The dazed Cheng Xia nodded. "Yes."

Pei Shaoze realized that he had fallen behind a long time ago. He hadn't been able to keep up with Cheng Xia's thoughts and felt jealous for no reason.

In fact, he had always been the only one in Cheng Xia's heart. He was really dull. The good impression that exceeded 90 points was enough to show that Cheng Xia liked him yet he stubbornly equated the 'good impression' value with 'trust value.' It seemed that after Cheng Xia was injured and Pei Shaoze went to visit him late at night, Cheng Xia was moved and his good impression rose rapidly.

Pei Shaoze kissed the young man's forehead and whispered, "I like you too."

This was the first time he directly said 'I like you' to someone so Pei Shaoze's expression wasn't natural. Cheng Xia heard it and his eyes lit up. He immediately hugged Pei Shaoze and buried his face in the alpha's arms.

Cheng Xia listened to the 'thump thump' of the heartbeat from the alpha's chest and was so happy he was about to faint. The always indifferent Brother Pei actually said that he liked Cheng Xia. Cheng Xia might know that Brother Pei always doted on him but it was different personally hearing it!

[Cheng Xia's good impression of you +1 +1.]

This time, it shot to 99 points in one breath. There was only one point left.

Pei Shaoze rubbed the head in his arms and thought that he wouldn't let anyone harm his baby again.

Pei Shaoze hugged Cheng Xia tightly. The posture of the young man sitting with his back against him, made Pei Shaoze a bit unable to continue holding on. Pei Shaoze took a deep breath to suppress the impulse and let go of Cheng Xia. He leaned toward Cheng Xia's ear and whispered, "Now I need you to act in a play with me."

Cheng Xia listened carefully before smiling and nodded. "Yes, I know what to do!"

***

Early the next morning, Cheng Xia was woken up by a call from Zhou Yan. "Cheng Xia, look at Weibo!"