The Analyst: Session Three

Dr. Hill is once again shown standing at his window.

This time though, the window is covered in wooden boards, the curtains surrounding the window are torn, and there is a large metal hook hanging nearby.

The office as a whole is much darker this time as well.

Automatically everyone in the room is put on edge by the atmosphere of Dr. Hill's office.

Dr. Hill makes eye contact with whoever is sitting on the other side of his desk as he walks over. He turns on his desk lamp and then says, "I would like to understand your feelings towards people who fear the supernatural. Ghosts, spirits, and other intangible forces beyond the veil."

Now sitting in his chair, Dr. Hill leans forward with his arms braced on his desk and asks, "Do you share this fear?"

The angle changes to show the top of the person sitting in front of Dr. Hill. They are wearing a black baseball cap. Nothing else is distinguishable.

Two options are shown on the screen for the watchers. "Yes, I do." and "No, I don't."

The person must answer "Yes" because Dr. Hill says, "Is that so? Because that is not reflected in the way you're playing your game, now is it?"

All at once confused expressions cover the faces in the room. Dr. Hill was speaking as if someone was in control of what was happening.

That didn't make sense.

Dr. Hill is quiet for a couple of seconds. He then stands, with his notebook and pen in hand, and takes a few steps away. The man keeps his back turned before suddenly turning around.

Dr. Hill sets his notebook down on his desk and gets in the face of the person he is speaking to as he says, "And now... Let us investigate your feelings toward other people in greater depth. What you value. What you respect in yourself and others.

Taking a seat once again, Dr. Hill picks his notebook and pen back up and asks, "Which would you say was most important in a person: loyalty... or honesty?"

Both options, "I value loyalty" and "I value honesty" are shown.

The person must pick "I value honesty" because Dr. Hill says, "So... you would tell the truth, even if it resulted in an unpleasant outcome for a friend. And what about honesty, then? And charity?"

Ryan wasn't going to say it out loud, because these answers were much more personal than the ones they picked between previously, but she would probably pick honesty over most other options.

The options "I value charity" and "I value honesty" are shown on screen.

The person must choose "I value honesty" because Dr. Hill says, "Charity is over-rated, I suppose. Better to keep true to yourself than to help others in need, eh?"

A nearby chime of a clock is heard.

Mumbling, Ryan says, "Well, that one was short."

Dr. Hill glances away at the noise. Looking back at the person across from him he says, "Ah, I'm afraid we're out of time, we'll talk again soon."

He leaves his notebook and pen on the desk and then stands and walks back over to the window.

And the screen goes black.