Old Friendships

ARTHUR LEYWİN

Is this how you welcome me after two years, old friend? My heart was broken. "I spoke sarcastically"

The veins on Nico's forehead began to tense at my words. He gritted his teeth and looked at me with deep anger. Metal spikes sprouted with spiritual fire and pointed in my direction, ready to attack me at any moment. "You're as arrogant as ever, Grey! But by coming here you'll be repeating your death," he said.

"And you're as stupid as always," I said, grinning at his challenge. "Oh! In case you haven't forgotten, you were the most useless member of our group. Remember, Nico? Why don't you go fuck yourself with the things you invented?"

As Nico's face began to sour, I became more aware of how memories can affect our mood. After all, the three of us had become one from the moment we met at the orphanage until the moment Cecilia died at my hands. He had already taken a step towards the inevitable death of the trap I had set. While a part of me felt sorry for them, my personality that would make the necessary sacrifice for the war did not allow it.

No, I couldn't, could I? Sylvie's devotion to me, Sylvia and Tessia's faith falling victim to a series of events it did not deserve.

"Their revenge must be cold and bitter; it must leave a taste so sharp it cannot be forgotten."

I should have looked ahead

Agrona's manipulation games had paid off. He had used Nico's anger towards me to rebuild a vulnerable, weak soul and offered the promises he already wanted. For "Cecilia", would this set the world on fire?

The answer is simple: She would do anything.

It is too late to apologize and draw new curtains on the past.

I'll use Agrona's dog as a front and get whatever I want.

"Stop looking at me like that!" He screamed loudly. Spiritual flames began to glow wildly on his arms. "All you had to do was die, Grey, and you couldn't even do that. Here you are again, to come between me and Cecilia!"

"Are you getting in the way?" I snorted in disgust. "You attacked the soul of an innocent being, Nico. Tessia was important to me, you knew that, but you still couldn't stop, right?" I knew our conversation wasn't going anywhere, all I wanted was their reaction.

"I just took what was mine, your values don't matter, Grey. Of course, you know better; about abandoning your friends, even your family."

Was there any point in thinking about things in the past that could not be undone? My personality, reflected as King Grey, kept me away from unwanted problems like a castle. The important thing was to produce the right process. I had learned this during my time with Lady Vera; Its benefits were greater than its harms.

"This was who I was. Behind many different possibilities, I chose to be Gray, and I was free to make the choices. Whatever the path, I had to fight to save."

I have almost reached the end of the teachings on the holy tomb. All I had to do was close my account here and return. I was sure that the people I considered close, such as Ellie, Alice, Virion, would see me as a cold, calculating and arrogant person.

"But a small number of sacrifices were enough to foster an endless hope."

"Put aside emotions and move forward, which is my philosophy, for in the complexity of life a calm mind can light the way even in the harshest darkness."

"In my heart, I tucked away all my emotions in a box like a locked treasure. I turned my gaze to Nico; I had to be careful. With the other scythes watching, I had to finish the job quickly instead of revealing my trump card. It made sense, especially considering I kept my best cards in Cadell."