"𝗜'𝗺 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗴𝗻𝗮𝗻𝘁"

Ellie knew how Severus had been trying to question her about Skylar. It was as though he knew the truth already. But he just wanted her to say it.

Ellie didn't trust him to not say anything to Skylar. And she was anxious about it all. Knowing how she needed to somehow make things seem as though it was okay.

She was sitting in her chambers that morning and groaned. She saw Severus walking in and frowned. "Okay. I don't know who told you my password. But you cannot just walk in," she said as she looked to him. "If you've come to scowl. Then go."

"Skylar."

"Oh for crying out loud. Severus. She is not your daughter. I don't know how many times we need to go over this. She isn't yours," Ellie said.

Severus raised his eyebrows. "How did you know I was going to bring it up?"

Ellie rolled her eyes. "Pretty much the only reason you talk to me. You want me to admit that I had your child. And that I let my brother and the girl you were in love with raise. Tell me one thing, if she was ours, why would I have given  her up? Why would I have not taken her with me when I left?" She said.

Severus shook his head. "I don't believe you."

"Of course you don't. It's me. You would never believe a word I say," Ellie said as she looked to him. She sighed. "I never had a baby. Okay?"

Ellie knew how badly it hurt her saying that. And she wanted to be her mum. But she couldn't. She couldn't break her promise to James and Lily.

****

James looked to Lily and smiled. "What's going on in your head? Talk to me," he said.

Lily sighed. "Ellie is your sister. I know that. But... what if she does tell Skylar the truth? How am I supposed to just hand over the girl I've raised for fourteen years?"

"Ellie won't tell her. She knows what is at stake. She's back. Yes. But she won't tell Skylar anything," James told his wife.

Lily wasn't convinced. While she had nothing against Ellie, she knew that if she really wanted to, she could easily ruin the little family she and James had raised for fourteen years.

And Lily didn't want that. She just wanted to keep her family safe and together.

James looked to her. "Ellie is my sister. You realise that? She's also Skylar's mum. We can't deny that. Skylar is the spitting image of Ellie."

Lily nodded. She felt bad for doubting Ellie. But she didn't want to lose her Skylar. Even though she hadn't named her, she often called her 'her blue Skye'. And it was down to her blue eyes.

****

Ellie and Severus were in the potions classroom. The last pupil of Ellie's class had just left. Severus turned to her. "We do need to talk," he said.

Ellie rolled her eyes. "If it's what I think you want to talk about, then save it. Skylar isn't our daughter. We don't have a daughter. You and I... our night. It wasn't anything that changed my life," she told him.

Severus raised his eyebrows. He walked closer to her. "Didn't change anything?"

"Not one single thing. I did not push a baby out of my vagina. So, that's still as it was. Not that you'll ever see that again," Ellie said.

Severus smirked. "Eleanor. You were always unable to resist me."

"Is that what you think? I do know how to fake it. How do you know I didn't fake it that night?" Ellie said.

Severus smirked and winked to her. "I looked into your mind. You never faked a thing."

Ellie raised her eyebrows. "Severus. You were literally in my vagina. Was that not enough?" She said as she walked closer to him.

"As you said. You faked it."

"We will never know."

****

Skylar was sitting in the library. She sighed as she saw a letter from home. She opened it and read it;

My blue Skye,
I hope Hogwarts is treating you well this year. You're in your fourth year. It seems only yesterday that we put you on the train for your first year.
I know you are growing up into a beautiful girl.
Always remember I love you
All my love
L... mum x

Skylar frowned. Wanting to know why her mum had almost signed the letter with Lily. She shook her head knowing Nellie probably needed her attention.

She looked up as Draco walked in. He sat with her and smiled. "You okay?" He asked.

Skylar nodded and sighed. "Yeah. It's fine. Just... I don't know. This year feels like it's going to be different. I don't know how. But there's something telling me that's it going to change," she told him.

Draco looked to her. "Maybe you're just tired. First few days of term are never easy."

"I don't know. I don't like it. I have a really bad feeling."

"I'm here. And you know you can talk to me," Draco said as he looked to her.

****

Ellie sat in the great hall. She looked to Severus who sat down next to her. She wasn't happy knowing how the triwizard tournament was happening.

Severus looked to her. "Word of warning. Igor Karkaroff is the head of Durmstrang," he told her.

Ellie frowned. "Hang on. You're telling me that Dumbledore is willingly allowing a death eater in the school? Where Harry is?" She asked.

"You heard correctly. Don't even think about making a scene. It won't help," Severus said. He knew how she was worried about her nephew. "She'll be fine."

Ellie rolled her eyes. "I know she will... stop trying to get me to tell you something that isn't true. Just drop it," she said.

****

Ellie heard a knock at the portrait door. She groaned hoping it wasn't Severus. She opened it and saw Skylar. "Hi. Sorry I came. But... I don't know what to do," she mumbled.

Ellie looked to her. She frowned. "What's going on?" She asked as she brought her inside.

Skylar wiped away her tears. "I'm pregnant..."