𝗮𝗻 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

Ellie walked into Severus' classroom. She sighed and looked to him. "You need to stop gawping at Skylar. She's getting suspicious. So why... why are you doing this? Do you want her to find out?" She asked.

Severus smirked. "You only don't want her to find out because you know she'll hate you. She'll hate your perfect brother," he said.

"It's not about that and you know it! It's about Skylar. I told you, James doesn't know you're her father. He can't know. The only one who knows is Sirius. So please, if you ever had any respect for me, you won't tell her!" Ellie said.

Severus walked over to her. He grabbed her and slammed her against the wall. He looked to her. "You do not have the right to tell me what I can and can't do. I could ruin the perfect life you've given her," he spat.

Ellie felt the tension there between them. She felt his hands going to her waist. Ellie pushed him away. "You are not doing this. You're not going to manipulate me again," she said.

"You never could resist Eleanor. You always were a little whore," Severus spat.

"This is me resisting you! Now get your hands off of me!" She yelled as she pushed him away from her.

****

Skylar walked into the common room. She looked to Draco and sighed. "So Ellie didn't tell me who the kid was. But she was upset about it. So maybe they died?"

Draco shrugged. "My mother would have told me. I don't know. But I think Snape may have been the father. The way he's always lurking around your aunt. There's got to be something going on there. Unless they're hooking up."

Skylar shook her head. "I don't think Ellie would stoop so low. She has standards. Do you really think Snape got my auntie pregnant? Do you think he made her get rid? He doesn't seem the fatherly type," she said.

Draco again shrugged. "The thought of Snape having sex traumatises me enough. So I don't want to think about that. Are you okay? You don't seem it."

Skylar nodded. "I'm fine. I'm just trying to work out what happened to make Ellie leave for fourteen years and then suddenly come back. And since she's been back, my parents have been weird," she told him.

"There's something going on. Maybe see what your parents know," Draco said.

Skylar shook her head. "No I can't just go home. I'll wait until the holidays. The only thing I can do," she told him as she smiled. "Thank you. For being my friend."

"Always. I know what happened with us, and how it hasn't been the same since. But I want us to be friends. We are friends in fact," Draco said.

Skylar smiled. "You're my best friend Draco."

****

Ellie walked out of the great hall. Severus walked over to her. "I think we need to talk. In private," he said. He sighed. "No arguing."

Ellie nodded. She followed him back to his chambers. Severus handed her a drink. He looked to her for a moment before he spoke. "I do think Skylar needs to know the truth," he said.

Ellie shook her head. "She can't. She has the best life with James and Lily. Telling her will just ruin that. I did this for her. To keep her safe. I was a teenager. I was alone. I left Hogwarts pregnant. I gave birth on my own. Then I took her to James and Lily," she said.

"Why did you not come to me?" Severus asked.

Ellie shrugged. "How could I? It wasn't the easiest time. You hated me. You had sex with me and then you kicked me out. Like I was nothing."

"You weren't nothing Eleanor."

Ellie looked to him. She sighed. "Please don't tell her. She doesn't deserve to have her life messed up because we made a perfect mistake," she said.

Severus knew how Ellie meant something to him. Despite how he had treated her. "Fine. I won't tell her. You're right in that she doesn't need to know. Lily has been an amazing mother to her," he told her.

"Thank you. I should go. Kinda tired," Ellie said as she stood and walked off.

****

Skylar saw Ellie coming out of Snape's chambers and frowned. "Ellie. Are you sleeping with him?" She asked.

Ellie smiled and shook her head. "No hon. I was telling him to stop gawping at you. Like you asked," she told her. She sighed. "You should be in the common room. Past curfew."

"I know. But I have so much going on in my mind at the moment," Skylar said. She smiled. "Don't suppose I can crash in your chambers? Just this once?"

"Once. And once only. And no one can find out," Ellie said as she smiled and walked off with her.

Unaware of how everything was about to change with the upcoming Christmas break. And how nothing would be the same.