"𝗦𝗵𝗲'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗢𝘂𝗿𝘀"

Ellie was sitting in the living room in her chambers. She knew it was the Christmas holidays. And Skylar had gone back to James and Lily. She felt alone.

She looked to the one photo of Skylar she had when she was a newborn. It was the two of them lying in bed together. One of rare moments she had with her. And she felt broken.

Ellie knew there was one thing she needed to do. She grabbed her cloak and sighed. She left her chambers and bumped into Severus. "I need to talk to you."

"About?"

Ellie sighed. "Skylar. We both know that she's not ours. So I've been thinking. We need to go to the ministry and sign her over to James and Lily. She's always been their daughter. She was meant to be theirs. We made her yes, but they made her into the perfect girl she is now," she told him.

Severus frowned. "You're asking me to willingly sign my own child over to James and Lily. The one thing good thing I have achieved in my life?"

"Yes. It's for the best. She was never ours and we both know that. I'm going to over to speak to them about it later on. Then I don't know what I have left for me here. I may take a break from it all," Ellie said as she walked off.

"Wait."

Ellie turned to him. "What?"

"If you have to sign her over, she was never their daughter legally?" Severus questioned.

"Dumbledore. He tweaked some stuff to make it seem like Lily had been pregnant with her. It's for the best that we give her to them legally. Her life can't be disrupted," Ellie told him as she walked off.

****

James opened the front door to see Ellie there. "Are you okay?" He asked as he saw the tears on his sister's face.

Ellie nodded. "I need to talk to you and Lily. Away from the kids. I have something to tell you both," she told him.

James nodded and invited her in. He sighed. "Lily. Come into the kitchen. Skylar, Harry, stay in the living room," he said.

Lily came into the kitchen. She saw Ellie there who had been crying. "What's going on?" She asked.

Ellie took a deep breath. She cast the silencing charm and sighed. "This stays between us. Severus Snape is Skylar's father. He knows the truth. It happened one night. And things changed. But now I have been thinking. Skylar was never legally yours. We know Dumbledore tweaked some things to make it seem like she was yours. Which is why I'm going to go to the Ministry. I'm going to legally sign her over to you both. She was never mine. I'm going to make her yours. She was meant to be yours," she told them.

James and Lily looked to her in shock. "You do that. And then we don't want you here again. The man who called your own sister in law a mudblood is the man who fathered that beautiful girl. You sign her over to us and then we want you to stay away," James said.

Ellie nodded. She wiped away her tears. "That's understandable. I'll go after Christmas. They won't be open now. Can I see her? Before I go?"

James shook his head. "It's for the best you don't. This will only be harder for you. Just go," he told his sister.

"Okay."

Ellie stood from the chair. She opened the kitchen door to see Severus there. James took out his wand. "Get out of my house. Or I'll blast you through the door."

"Shut it Potter. I am here to see my daughter," Severus said.

"Daughter?"

Ellie turned to see Skylar stood there. She felt tears pouring down her cheeks. "Skylar..."

Skylar looked to them. "I'm adopted?" She asked as she saw the look on Ellie's. "I'm your daughter. Aren't I?"

Ellie saw the glare on James' face. He shook his head. "Don't Ellie."

Ellie shook her head. "No. I'm not lying. She won't be mine for much longer anyway. Yes. You're mine. And you're Professor Snape's. But you won't be for much longer.  I am so sorry that you found out this way. I didn't ever want you to know. I was more than happy for you to stay oblivious to all of it," she told her.

Skylar stood in absolute shock. She felt tears streaming down her cheeks. She ran off upstairs. Ellie went to go after her but James grabbed her wrist. "I want you to leave. You've caused enough damage. Leave. And take him with you," he spat.

****

Ellie stormed into Severus' chambers. "Are you happy?! Did you get what you wanted?! Because she hates us. James has turned his back on me! Are you really that miserable with your own life you've ruined it all?" She said.

Severus stood up. He walked over to Ellie and slammed her against the wall. "Do not come into my private chambers and speak to me that way. Skylar is mine. And I'm going to do all I can to take her from your precious brother!" He spat.

"No you're not. Because tomorrow I'm going to the Ministry. And I'm going to sign her over to James and Lily. For good. She'll never be your daughter. And she'll never be mine," Ellie said as she pushed him away from her and walked off.

****

Lily walked into the kitchen. "Skylar won't talk to me. She hates us. She's locked herself in her bedroom. What now?" she asked.

James sighed. "Ellie is going to sign her over to us. The second decent thing she's ever done since she gave her to us. Then we have to keep Ellie out of her life. Out of all our lives," he told her.

"She's your sister. You can't cut her out," Lily said.

"Yes I can. Especially if it means that I protect my family. And I'm not going to let anything get in the way," James said.

****

Ellie walked through Hogwarts and smiled. She knew how it wasn't best for her to stay anymore. She had nothing to stick around for anymore.

Ellie walked outside. She heard footsteps behind her. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "Have you come to start again?"

Before anything, everything was sent black for Ellie. Sending her unconscious.