creation of hell

Chapter 4.
Creation of hell.

Lucifer leaned against the balcony's cold stone, his eyes tracing the intricate patterns of life far below. From his vantage point atop the towering mountain, he watched as the castle stretched into the sky, its grandeur matched only by the golden spiral staircase that wound down like a ribbon of wealth. The steps, adorned with white marble rails and delicate white lines, spoke of opulence and power.

Below, the Diamond City unfolded, a metropolis of skyscrapers reaching for the heavens, their spires disappearing into the ethereal clouds. The streets shimmered with a blue hue, the surface paved with diamonds that reflected the sunlight in a thousand dazzling facets. This was the 6th realm, a place where angels of all sizes and shapes mingled, creating a bustling society that hummed with purpose.

As Lucifer gazed upon this scene, a soft echo of footsteps approached from behind, drawing his attention away from the mesmerizing panorama.

"Ah, Gadreel," Lucifer greeted, a smirk dancing on his lips. "What a pleasant surprise."

Gadreel's unique form, with the head of a fox, four wings, equine legs, and human arms, spoke volumes about the diversity of heavenly beings.

"Just making sure you survived that ordeal," Gadreel quipped with a chuckle. "Your recent speech has stirred quite the commotion. Angels across the seven heavens are buzzing about your audacity. While many were impressed by your bravery, not everyone is on your side."

Lucifer's expression turned thoughtful. "And what has dear old Michael done with my supporters?"

Gadreel hesitated before answering, "He's confined them to heaven's lockup."

"I must free them. I need allies now more than ever," Lucifer asserted.

Gadreel raised a cautionary hand. "Hold on. What exactly is your endgame here? This path could lead to war."

Lucifer's gaze hardened with resolve. "Sometimes, one must go to great lengths to achieve their goals."

"And your goal is to claim dominion over humans?"

"Indeed, but there's more to it than mere ownership," Lucifer explained, a glint of passion in his eyes.

Gadreel's tone softened. "I may not have shown it during your speech, but I do support your cause. You're risking a lot, and I hope nothing befalls you. You've always been my favorite troublemaker, after all."

"It's all right; this is why you're my brother," Lucifer said warmly, extending his arms for an embrace. Gadreel nodded, reciprocating the gesture with a genuine smile as they shared a moment of familial connection.

Their reunion was interrupted by a clear "ahem," drawing their attention to Michael's imposing figure.

"I've been instructed to hand you the keys to your kingdom," Michael declared, his tone carrying a weight of solemnity.

Lucifer's and Gadreel's expressions mirrored confusion, trying to make sense of the unexpected turn of events.

"God has prepared a place for you and your angels," Michael continued, shedding light on the divine plan. "He was busy with this creation, hence his absence."