𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

She was raised to be the ideal Capitol sweetheart of a daughter, perfect in every way possible. When the remaining family of the Trinkets would come over, they would compliment her on her hair, her eyes, her face, her manners, every part of her was perfect to them. 

When she looked into the mirror all she saw was wavy blonde hair that she was forced to keep long, that always knotted. All she saw were boring expressionless grey eyes. All she saw were the freckles that remained on her nose and cheeks, that crawled up the sides of her eyes. All she saw was the scar on her lower right cheek that would be a reminder of all the pain and poverty that she went through. All she saw was a girl who was quiet and never spoke up, even when the situation was dire. 

Yet people still called her perfect.

The only thing keeping her sane was schoolwork, she was one of the top students in her class,  getting perfect grades at every subject. The ideal student. She didn't have many friends, her closest being Livia Cardew, nothing really to brag about. 

She didn't care for the plinth prize, her family was already well off, her father investing into district 8, and her mother who was manager of making the peacekeeper uniforms. Despite all that, they still expected her to win it, they had high expectations of her and her future. She was smart as ever and had high hopes to receiving it, her biggest competitor, Coriolanus Snow, was smart but would never match her. He wouldn't see it coming, because he barley knew who she was. 

Her father expected the most from her at all times, she was forced to be the best at everything, but she could only maintain to be the best at schoolwork. Her father and mostly her mother expected her to have a more complex social life to what she had at the moment. The thought aggravated her, how could they expect her to be the smartest and the most social, it didn't make sense, nothing seemed to make sense in the end.

She didn't consider herself someone that special, her parents praised the name Trinket, in the end it really wasn't that special of a name. It was no Snow or Heavensbee, no one turned their heads when she walked through the marble corridors.

All she considered herself as was just, Marigold. 

𝐀.𝐍: AHHHSGHJGUIFGU If you couldn't already tell i'm like super pumped for this book!! I've had this idea for awhile now and I finally decided to write it. I was having trouble with the title but I eventually figured out a nice one. (ofc from a Taylor Swift song) Also is it just me, but is Marigold just such a Capitol name, at least for when the 10th games took place.  Anyways, hope you all enjoy reading this book!! 

Byee deep fried cabbagess !! 🫶