𝐈𝐈𝐈

I managed to catch up to Coriolanus walking in the halls heading to our next class. All my angry emotions started to bubble up to the surface, and that I will most likely face consequences for his impulsive actions. I started to speed up my walk until I was a few steps away from him.

"What the actual fuck Coriolanus?!" 

He looked a little surprised to see me talking to him with such language, considering we had barley talked at all, but at that point I couldn't care less.

"Why are you so mad at me when your practically one of them, district" he said smugly.

I pursed my lips as my anger grew.

"Hardly, not like Sejanus" I hissed back at him.

He gave me a small smirk before opening the doors to the classroom where we went to our assigned seating, everyone giving us looks. Livia mouthing something I couldn't quite understand as I sat down next to her.

"Your late" the dean said dryly.

"Oh, we were just visiting our tributes" Coriolanus said, confidence in his voice.

"I am very aware Coriolanus" replied the dean.

"You both are in violation of about 5 of the academy's rules, Snow more than you Miss Trinket" he said turning his gaze towards me. 

He turned his back on us and dropped some morphling into his mouth before turning around and facing us, "However, as much as I would like to let Miss Trinket go, considering her tribute was much more well behaved from the start." I bit my bottom lip, unsure of what was about to come, the dean could be unpredictable at times.

"I will have to disqualify you both from the games and replace your tribute's mentors for endangering Capitol citizens, I am yet to inform the game makers but I will after this class"

Almost immediately Coriolanus shot up from his seat, anger in his eyes, "Who were we endangering, ourselves?"

"Exactly, Coriolanus" the dean sloppily replied.

"This is unfair, we've already grown somewhat of a bond with our tributes, right Marigold" he said, the once anger in his eyes had now turned to panic, but I didn't bother fighting back. At this point I didn't care the outcome for us, as I knew I would most likely be left off the hook, considering the dean favours me more than Coriolanus.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this argument of yours, but I personally think that keeping the tributes in the zoo is what we really should be concerned about, it's inhumane and quite honestly disgusting, they might be from the districts but they're still human." said Sejanus, who was always by Coriolanus' side despite having completely different views on the world. Sejanus was originally from district 2, his father buying his way into the Capitol 10 years ago. I never really talked to him all that much, but he seemed outgoing.

Out of seemingly nowhere Dr Gaul appeared, dressed in a blood red to white ombre dress, matching the uniforms. "Ah, Snow fell into the cage" she said eerily, not even acknowledging that I was in the zoo with him, with them. 

"I liked the little stunt you both pulled there, it got people a little more interested, after all the reason we have you as mentors is to turn the children into spectacles, not survivors" Dr Gaul said coldly.

"Whatever you do Casca Highbottom, do not disqualify these mentors" she said in a stern voice.

All the dean did was sigh before turning away.

"I have a question for you all, what are the Hunger Games for?" Dr Gaul said, I didn't get why she was asking this question, all they do is pull district children out from a crowd to die.