𝐕

The day after Arachne's funeral we all had to see our tributes and fill out a questionnaire. I had barley been able to keep anything down the day of the funeral, the way the Capitol displayed Brandy's body was disgusting, the Capitol itself was disgusting. With everything that went on that day I wasn't able to visit Treech, he must've been starving considering my neglect.

I packed a small bag of food for him and Lamina before leaving to meet the other mentors that were already getting escorted inside. I made my way over to Livia who looked relived to see me.

"Gosh Mari, I haven't seen you in what feels like ages".

"I'm sorry yesterday was tough" I replied to her looking down at my shoes.

"I know right" she said, a peacekeeper coming over to us and usuring us to an indoor balcony area where many of the other mentors stood.

I examined the room; all the tributes were chained to small tables a chair sitting across from them. My eyes met Treech's who was staring at me hints of betrayal in his expression. Guilt panged at me; I should have visited him.

The dean gave us the go ahead to walk down the stairs to our tributes. I sat across from Treech his eyes staring directly at me, never breaking contact with my face. I tried my hardest to avert his gaze, not wanting to face him.

"You will have half an hour to fill out the questionnaire, beginning now" the dean boomed.

I pulled out my favourite pen from my pocket, it was white with stars on it, I liked the ink and the look of it, that's why it was my favourite. Treech raised an eyebrow at my actions but didn't bother to speak on the topic.

"Ok so, this should be pretty easy to fill out, I don't want your life story on some of these questions by the way" I said to him. "Your name, Treech" I looked up at him a questioning gaze. "Mason" he answered.

I scribbled down his district, gender and district partner before looking back up at him for some more questions.

"What's your age?" I asked him.

"18" he replied.

"Same here" I said back to him a small smile playing on my lips as I wrote down the answer.

"Um slightly unnecessary questions, but are you married, if not to you have a romantic relationship back home".

"Why, you looking" he said with a smirk.

"No, so can you please answer the question, I don't want this to drag on forever" I said slightly annoyed at his lack of answering the question.

"I don't have any romantic relationships" he said looking away, I could tell he was embarrassed by this.

"Huh really, well I bet after these games you'll have a pretty good chance of a girlfriend" I noted. Despite my head being down looking away from him, I could practically feel his face redden at my comment.

"Next question, any family" I asked him.

"I have a little sister and older brother and a mother and father" he replied, sadness etched into his words.

"Great, one more question before the questionnaire is finished" I exclaimed. "Are you good with any weapons, and then the game makers will consider putting them into the arena."

"The only weapon I am really good with is an axe, y'know lumber district and all" he answered. I figured he would be pretty good with an axe, and they usually put one in every year.

"Ok all done, there is still another 10 minutes or so left" I told him, writing my name in the mentor question on the paper.

This time he was the one to ask the question, "What do you mean by your mother is district".

"Keep your voice down, the academy students love any sort of gossip" I hissed at him. Livia would never turn down any gossip, even if it was about me.

"If I must answer your question, she was born and raised in district 9, in her early 20s she ventured to the Capitol and found love, that is where I come into the picture. Every year for about a week or so my mother would go back to district 9 with me and visit my family there. The trips became shorter as she grew disgust for her own family until she cut them all off." I sighed. I really did miss running through the wheat fields with my many cousins and kneading dough to make bread with my aunties. What I would give to go back.

"So, you're half district then" he asked.

"Yeah basically, I'd say I'm more district that Capitol. The only place of comfort for me is my rooftop garden here".

"Where was your family's wheat farm" he questioned, he probably wanted to just kill time with these questions.

"Right on the border of 7, a small forest of trees on the edge and then the fence over to 7" I answered.

"Nice" he said, seemingly satisfied at my answer.

We sat in silence for the next few minutes, watching as other mentors struggled to communicate with their tributes.

"Ok time to hand in your papers mentors" dean Highbottom spoke. "Remember you will see your tributes later in the day to explore the arena and get to meet with them shortly before the interviews tonight."

I got up out of my chair putting my pen back into my pocket, "I'll see you later today, oh I almost forgot I brought some food for you and Lamina" I said handing the small bag over to him.

"Ok thanks, see you later Goldie" said sending me a thankful look.

𝐀.𝐍: Ok sorry for this shorter chapter compared to what I usually write but I wanna hold off on the suspense. I already have like half of the later chapters written out but I'm still conflicted on the end and some other parts so yeah🙃.

Anyawayyy, buh byee my lil cabbages  💗