𝐈𝐈

*Sorry if there are a lot of mistakes in this chapter because I barley edited it* 

We were informed that the tributes would arrive this afternoon, I decided I would greet mine at the station. I spent my free time baking oatmeal biscuits and picking out the perfect flower for him. Soon enough it was time for me to go, I picked out the best biscuit and wrapped it a napkin. I settled on a pink tulip as the flower to give to him, symbolising affection, caring, good wishes and love, not that the love part was really relevant.

Once I had gotten to the station, I took my seat on a bench and waited for the train to arrive. To my surprise, Coriolanus was there, he looked slightly annoyed that I was there as well. He always wanted to do something different from everyone else. I got even more baffled when he wandered over to me, taking a seat down on the bench.

"Hello Marigold, you here to see your tribute" 

I didn't really know what to say, I was focused on how I would greet Treech, "Hello Coriolanus. and yes I am here to see my tribute" 

He gave a small nod before walking off as the train arrived. The doors were slammed open by the peacekeepers and tributes started to spill out, all looked slightly dazed. I remained sitting until I saw Treech and made my way over to him. I'm a very shy person and couldn't help but feel nervous. 

One of the peacekeepers had accidentally knocked off his hat, of which I'm surprised they let him keep. I walked over to the hat and picked it up for him. 

"Hi, I'm Marigold, your mentor for the games" I said, trying to not sound so nervous.

A look of confusion crossed his face as he took his hat from my hands, I noticed Lamina behind him, so I gave her a small smile. 

"Mentor?" he said in a way that made be question every word I had previously said.

"Yes, mentor, all the tributes get one, although, its just Coriolanus and I that have seemed to show up today" 

I prayed that he was starting to get it now, I didn't want to have to explain anymore than I already was. I glanced over at the clock, class was starting soon.

It had grown silent and a little awkward, "Um, I brought you this biscuit, its oatmeal" I raised out my hand to him, I realised that I had forgotten the tulip, how could I manage to forget the tulip.

"You can share it with Lamina if you want to" I said, I wanted him to know that I was no danger.

He took the biscuit and handed it to Lamina, it hurt a little, to see him not even have a little bit of it. She whispered thank yous to me and Treech and began to eat it. 

"Thanks I guess" Treech said in a quiet voice before a peacekeeper came and pushed him and Lamina into a beaten up van along with all the other tributes. One of them made a run for it and swarm of peacekeepers ran after the tribute. I was focused on that chaos that I hadn't even realised that a hand had grabbed onto my arm, until it started to pull me. I let out a small scream and found that it was Coriolanus who was pulling me towards the van. 

"What are you doing" I hissed at him, clawing at his hand but he didn't let go.

"We're going into that van" he said back pointing to the tribute van.

"Gosh, are you crazy, our next lesson is about to start, my parents would disown me if I was late to a lesson and I wasn't sick or injured" my voice growing louder 

We were fast approaching the van, I was trying to slow him down by shoving my heals into the ground, making him really have to drag me. I could her the peacekeepers victory cries as the got the boy.