5.

I wake up, immediately groaning at the pain throughout my body. I gasp as I try to sit up, feeling every muscle tense.

"Shit.." I whimper, managing to get myself up with my legs criss cross apple sauce. I get up and slowly hobble towards the bathroom, opening and shutting the door quietly as I hear Holly walking around downstairs.

I go into the drawer and move everything around until I find what I'm looking for. The thin, silver piece of metal stares back at me, practically inviting me.

I roll my sleeve up, running a finger on and around all the older white and red lines on my arm. I quickly bring the blade to my skin without thinking about what I'm doing and press down, harder than I meant to.

I quickly breathe in as the pain hits me, and I look down at the line, quickly filling with red and a little bit of white.

I repeat this a few more times, before washing it off in the sink (which hurts like a motherfucker) and wrapping it tightly in a fresh bandage. I hiss in pain as every time I move, the injured skin does too.

I look down at myself, trousers not even buckled, my shirt is creased and smells like sweat, and I take a moment to think about how shit I look, my mind pointing out every single insecurity.

I walk back into my room, picking up my phone. I remember I walked out on Colby, and decide I should text Jake and let them know I'm okay and not, like, dead. I fish for the small piece of paper that's thankfully still tucked up in my phone case, which is where I put it when I was at Colbys house so I didn't lose it while sleeping, and copy the neatly-drawn numbers into my phone.

I type a quick message, getting a reply quicker than I thought I would.

Jake from bar

Sam: Hey, Jake. It's Sam. Just wanted to text and like assure you and Colby I'm not dead, since I walked out. Sorry about that, just needed to get home, y'know? Again, thank you so much for everything.   
9:54PM

Jake: oh sht hey sam, yh thanks for letting us know. Colby was really worried, smthn about you looking like u were about to die or smthn. if u want i can link his # so u can message him?
9:56PM

Sam: Yeah, maybe later though. I need to go sort stuff out for Holly, she was a mess earlier. Just wanted to let yous know I'm good though, still alive.
9:57PM

Jake: yh i understand u dude. im hanging out w my friend johnnie rn anyways but ill let colby know u messaged. have fun sorting holly out, ig. be careful dude, still here if u need.
9:59PM

Sam: Thank you, it means a lot. See you soon.
10:00PM

I put my phone down, wincing at the movement of my arm. I decide I should go clean up whatever mess Holly left for me, as I'm not tired from being passed out all day.

I walk down the stairs, sussing out where Holly is. From where the TV sound is coming from, I'm guessing the living room. I walk to the doorframe, and look at her lying on the couch watching Spongebob.

"Hey." I say, my voice cracking slightly. I was scared of how she would react to me being up.

She jumps, not expecting me to be there. She immediately develops an evil grin, putting on a sweet voice. I know what that means.

"Sammy, darling. How about a date night? You clean up the house then we sit and watch a movie." There is always a catch.

"Okay, Holly. I'll start cleaning." I mutter, expecting that. I turn and start to walk away with a slight limp in my leg, when i suddenly feel her grab onto my arm. My sore arm. I gasp, not welcoming the stinging on my wrist.

She smirks, knowing what happened. "How about some personal fun, before you clean?" she says lowly, looking up with fake innocence. I knew I had no say, but I still try.

"Darling, I'm really tired and just want to get the cleaning done. I don't want to, maybe tomorrow." I say firmly, smiling at her.

Her gaze turns hard, staring at me like I'm a misbehaving zoo animal. She grips into me tighter and drags me to the couch before shoving me down and gripping onto my neck.

"You need to stop. What I say, goes. You should know that by now. Do you understand?" she hisses, tightening her grip on my arm, which is twisted behind me uncomfortably, and my neck. I try my best to hum a yes and nod, but I can't do much with the grip she has.

I feel my phone buzzing, but thankfully Holly doesn't notice. She doesn't let go of her grip on my neck, but pushes my own body down onto my arm to keep it there and unzips my pants.

I pass out from oxygen loss, once again.