16.

btw in this its obviously in the trap house but both elton and jake live there bc i couldnt pick bc im not one of them elton haters xxxx

still colbys pov 😋

We hear a bang from upstairs and I don't bother to look back at the others before sprinting up towards Sam, hearing footsteps behind me.

I fling open Sams door to see him pressed up against the wall, his head in between his knees.

I run over to him, falling to my knees and putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Sam? Sam are you okay?" I ask, shaking his shoulder a bit.

He lifts his head up a bit, looking at me with complete terror in his eyes.

"H-holly." he whimpers.

"Hey, Colby? Look at this." Corey speaks up, looking at my phone which I had left up here, giving Sam my password in case he needs us while he's up here so he could text one of the others.

My phone was unlocked, a thread of Instagram DM's on the screen.

I grab my phone, reading through the messages.

Holly

Colby.
I know Sam is with you.
I'm giving you one chance to give Sam back before I take him back myself.
He is mines.
This is your only warning.
I expect him back at my house at 12pm sharp tomorrow.
Don't be late.

I look up at Corey, then over at Sam who's silently sobbing.

"What do we do, man?" Corey asks, looking around.

Jake shrugs, while I just look at the floor.

"We can't let him go back. I mean, Corey and Aaron, I know neither of you know why he's here, and neither does Elton. But it's serious. Jake, you've seen just about what I have. Back me up here." I plead.

"Why don't we go to the cops?" Jake asks, cocking an eyebrow.

"NO." Sam randomly jumps into the conversation, tear streaks down his face.

"I can't go to the police. They always take her side." he begs.

Corey and Aaron look confused, and Johnnie -who just appeared at the door- only looks semi confused.

I know Johnnie knows a bit more about it than the others, but he hasn't seen as much as me and Jake.

I felt so bad for Sam it was unbelievable. He was such a sweet dude, but he's obviously not in a safe place around Holly.

He doesn't deserve to go through any of that.

I turn back round to Sam, seeing him still sitting against the wall, tears streaming down his face.

I walk over and crouch next to him before looking back at the others.

"Corey, Aaron, Johnnie. Can you leave the room for a minute. I need to talk to Sam about something that only me and Jake know." I ask.

They all nod, muttering something along the lines of "sure thing man" before walking out.

"Sam.." Jake starts, stepping closer to us.

"I need to go back. Or she'll hurt all of you. I can take it. Thank you for being nice to me."

As I'm about to deny any chance of that happening, my phone buzzes with another Instagram notification.

Holly

I'm bored of waiting.
You aren't worthy of my patience.

Just as I read that, wondering what she means, there's a loud knock at the front door, along with faint yelling.

"It's Holly. That's her shouting. I'm sorry." Sam stumbles up, walking past us and out the door.

I make eye contact with Jake before running after him, seeing him halfway down the stairs.

I also see a woman, who I recognise as Holly from the bar, standing in the house by the front door, yelling at Corey and demanding to see Sam.

"Holly. I'm here. Don't shout at them." Sam speaks up sternly, getting to the bottom of the staircase.

"Samuel. We need to have a very serious conversation. Come on now, you've been here long enough." Holly smirks, walking over and grabbing Sams arm.

"Wait, I'm not going to let you take him with you so easily. He doesn't want to be with you. It's like, 6 against 1. You won't win this fight." I mention, stepping closer to Holly and Sam.

"Oh really?" Holly laughs, a condescending sneer on her face, "What about now?"

She pulls out some kind of hand gun, pointing it at me.

"Colby. No. I'll be okay. Just, don't forget about me. Like that song we heard on our way to golf. Don't you forget about me." Sam makes an effort at a comforting smile, but I can see how scared he is.

Holly hums, pulling Sam away from me towards the door and putting the gun back in her pocket.

"Bye, guys. Thank you for all your help. I-" Sam gets cut off as Holly shoves him harshly through the front door.

I hear her telling him off for speaking out of turn, before the door closes behind her and all is silent.

"Colby.. are we really going to let her take him like that?" Jake asks, as I turn to face him.

"I don't know, Jake. There isn't much we can do at this point." I answer, looking at my feet before storming back up the stairs and into the room Sam was staying in.

I feel like such a failure. I had one job, to protect Sam, and I couldn't even do that.

I'm going to get you back here, Sam.

If it's the last thing I do.

ruh roh raggy