Chapter 48

Our legs were sore and ached. The sun had just about completely disappeared from the cloudless sky. Regardless of our fatigue, we all stood in awe of the landscape in front of us. Ahead was an old waterfall that rushed glowing water into a frothing pit. There was an abandoned arch at the top of the stoney hill, that looked like a magical gateway to somewhere. Overgrown bushes and flowers stretched wildly along the rock sides. I had never seen something like this and though there were many waterfalls, this looked the oldest.

I felt drawn to the water, like it was whispering to me. Inviting me in to its warmth. My fingertips buzzed as I got closer. Everyone looked just as taken back at how incredible it was. It was nota large in size but still take a lot to climb.

"Woahhhh." Isa gasped.

I kneeled by the edge, admiring the reflection of the water and its incandescent hue.

"Do you feel drawn to the water?" Malakai spoke as he sat beside me.

"Yes, how did you know?"

"Your eyes illuminate when you're closer to your element, especially when you're in tune with its frequency."

"I don't know what that means."

Malakai scoffed, "It means when your really focus on your power your body reacts.Plus, the more things you can do if you understand how to use it. That's how I called you to come that time by the brook?"

"Ahhh." I nodded, finally having a better perception of what he was discussing, "Could you teach me how to properly use this power? I'm not sure why my parents never really taught me the full extent on how to utilise it."

"I was planning to anyway." He nudged me playfully, brightening my mood slightly.

I observed Syi and Leilani having a cute moment by the trees, getting lost in each others presence, while Teyanna, Levi and Kevin conversing by another section of the water. As my eyes drifted, I just about noticed an odd interaction between Bemebe and Isa. Whilst passing each other they awkwardly acknowledged each other before moving on. I was not sure if they had had an argument at some point, though it would not be a surprise as they often got into altercations. It was not long before my line of sight landed on Elliott, alone by the rocks, dripping his fingers into the water.

"Why have you not spoken to him?" Malakai spoke out of the silence.

Startled by his question I paused, needing a moment to collect my thoughts, "He broke my trust."

"No but why haven't you still not spoke to him when you desire to?"

"I'm finding it difficult." I said honestly, "I trusted him with every part of me and to find out the truth in one of the worst times of my life made it harder. I'm really-"

In that moment, I was going to open up about how I was struggling with losing my crown and love and share that I was feeling more down then ever but I bit my lip instead. Not truly being able to be candid with Malakai. Oddly enough, I trusted him but this was something I was not ready to admit to anyone.

"I put a lot of the blame on him because of how I was feeling and said very hurtful things to him. I'm not sure when or if I'll ever be ready to talk to him again, so it is easier to avoid him." I blinked away the water building in my eyes, that I had not realised was there.

"It's clear you both care about each other and like I said I know everything. I heard about what you said to him and I know it was pure emotions. But I also heard what he had to say about you. I would not have brought him along if I did not feel he was genuine. He even begged me to take him with us to Jaavore. I went to him, informing him about the plan to see his reaction and he was on board as long as it meant he could see you. He loves you. Don't wait forever before fixing it."