Chapter 42

I was sound asleep, deep within my sheets and dreams, when a brash sound at the door woke me. My eyes acknowledged the surroundings was my room as I tried to begin to understand what was happening. It was night time already, and the moon shimmered off the big leaves drooping outside. There was a sudden burst of knocks on the door, which only sped my heart rate. The candles were thankfully lit and I could see clearly enough around the room to know I was alone.

"Isa, I know you're awake, I can see your candles. I'm coming in."

The door swung. Not only one person but two came in at once and not to my surprise it was Nita and Rin. I lay in bed, only able to look from where I was.

"Where have you been all day?" Nita questions, examine the room as it looked a mess.

Some perfume bottles had smashed onto the floor, distributing a mix of sweet smells. My cushions from the sofa were on the floor and the rug in the middle of the room was scrunched to the side. Not to mention the duvet covers were all over the place and I was sure I looked just as a mess as the room was.

"Why does the room smell like this? So stuffy." Rin walked to the window, cracking it open all the way.

"Rin, can you make Isa a herbal drink, I think she's sick." Nita instructed her sister and swiftly Rin left, closing the door.

Not even a moment before she was gone did Nita's face turn sour, "What the fuck happened in here?"

"Nothinggg, but thanks for asking if I was okay." I answered with a tinge of sarcasm at the end.

"Look at your room. I haven't seen it this bad since you had an argument with one of the soldiers and decided to take out your rage on your possessions. I only told Rin to leave so she would give us privacy. From here I can see your hair is a mess, your face looks like you haven't slept and you haven't even moved. So what happened that I don't know about? You told us you were going to work on the choreo for the next banquet but never returned. We thought you may have got distracted talking to the foreigners or eating but here you are asleep in bed."

"Is that so weird? I cannot sleep in my own bed without being persecuted? I was tired."

"Was the bear that shared your room, equally tired or just into play fighting?"

"Yes, the bear got quite physical."

I knew deep down I couldn't tell her about Bemebe and I. It had to stay a secret until I was in my grave. A rumour of that nature would cause the palace to go in uproar. I was a maid and entertainer and he was a bodyguard, family friend of the royals and son to Rayson. It just couldn't happen.

I remembered after the bath things got heated again and I believe it put me to sleep right away. As long as he removed all traces of himself I was fine. This was a one time thing, a moment of weakness, never to happen again. I didn't, however, want to forget it as it was the best I had received and the way he played with my body even impressed me. Though Kevin was still on my mind as we had agreed to work on things. I thought it was fair I got to enjoy myself, since I was not tied down to him.

Finally, I had Xion to worry about. She had a longer history with Bemebe and he was still, very much, in love with her. I did not want to get in the way of that but if I told her what happened she would be within good reason to not even think of pursing Bemebe again. As well as, being angry at me. I couldn't forget what Bemebe told me about Omazi's future with Elliott and as much as I was routing for it, I wanted her to be safe and live. If that meant without Elliott and with Bemebe I would try my best to influence her decisions. I really hated what point I had reached with all these secrets slowly building. She was my best friend and if her and Bemebe were even friends at the moment I wouldn't of had sex with him. But she made her pick, for now, and dislikes him so I only had sex with an ex-friend/lover.