Chapter 6

(☝️Teyanna)

I couldn't help but feel slightly intimidated by his strong glare and low voice. He smirked at me as if he made a joke, "I'm only saying what you said to me. I don't mean it."

I rolled my eyes at the fact I actually believed him for a while. I dragged him along a series of corridors before reaching a second exit. It lead out to the garden in which they grew their own herbs and other medicinal plants. We travelled along the rows of plants until we reached a thorny fence, which was used to keep intruders out. The thornes intertwined with each other creating a harsh defense against anyone.

There was a small wooden door at the bottom that looked only big enough to fit a boy. I unlatched it and on the other side was the dense jungle. I tried to go through first but my cloak got caught on the thornes and ripped as I went deeper in. I gave up and hauled myself backward to see the damage on the cloak. It had ripped significantly with a large gash from the hood to the back.

"Do you need help?" Elliott asked.

"No."

It seemed like I was beginning to be more dependant on Elliott and I wanted to show I was able to it myself before he got here and I still was. I wriggled myself through the hole and even though I had gotten further than before I was stuck at the waist. My hips were too wide to fit through.

"Do you want some help?" I could tell he was smirking.

"I only need a little push." I said stubbornly.

"Thought you would never ask."

Unexpectedly, his hands rested on my rear causing me to supress the tingling feeling in my body. His warm hands radiated onto the flesh on my thighs. His large hands didn't move for a second before he pushed me forward. I began to stutter forward and by the end I was out the other end.

I helped him get out also and after we brushed of the dead leaves and dirt of our clothes we began to walk. I hid my slight shame from our inappropriate behaviour and focused my efforts on getting us home. I was within a part of the jungle I was not very familiar with. There was light mist floating around our knees that sent eerie chills down my spine.

I followed the faint sound of voices until it sounded like it was coming from all four sides. Elliott was also perplexed as to where the sound was being produced. I followed my instincts and trekked down one path. The further we went the colder it was and I was beginning to doubt my decisions.

In the distance something that looked like an entrance. I had studied maps of Nervana for years and I had never known there to be anything behind the Achak temple except for forest. I wandered closer trying to work out what it was. I saw nothing more than a stone entrance that had been there for centuries since it was covered in vines and I could see it was wearing away. Elliott only followed in silence as he did not know where we were and relied on me to take us to the palace.

I saw only a paw of an old statue that used to stand by its entrance. I could tell it was the same panther from outside the palace. It represented our kingdom's strength and power and only shown outside royal buildings as an emblem.

The mist seemed to clear slightly and I could see that this place wasnt taller than 2 floors high and was quite crumbled. I waved my hand inside the entrance and felt a cold breeze tingle my fingertips.

"Do you know what this place is?" Elliott asked with uncertainty.

"No, but I'm going to find out." I replied confidently beginning to walk inside.

"I don't think that's a good-" Elliott stopped speaking, realising it was usless to try and stop me.

It felt like we were travelling in a cave, there was no light as far as I could see but that didn't deter me. Our footsteps echoed off the walls and the coldness of the floor seeped into my feet. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I could see a doorway leading to elsewhere. Elliott  clearly struggling to see a thing held onto my shoulders for support.