Chapter 5

Keegan pov:

I scan the room, looking for any way to get out of this place.

It kills me not being able to do anything but just sit there. These restraints are really annoying, so is the silence, and the boredom.

If I had any chance of getting out of here alive, I'd have to do it quickly and quietly.

But I don't have one, yet.

As I scanned the walls, I noticed that the place was pretty run down, mostly kept clean on a low-budget income. Although I don't know why it would be low-budget, don't most military operations get most of the tax money for weapons and supplies? Or is it just us?

I sit there in the basement, tied to this god forbidden chair, trying to find something to occupy the time and silence.

I start humming "Tequila"

...

I get to the tequila part, of which I say "tequila"

...

This is the extent of my existence.

Sad.

I hear a cold, sharp, knock on the door. I shake out of my trance, staring at the door.

I hope it's Konig that comes in, instead it's a different soldier.

He has a green mask and helmet, along with a green army uniform, different from Konig's.

"Who are you?" I ask, my voice slightly cracked from the lack of water and food.

"That doesn't matter." He says coldly. Sounds like he isn't a softie, unlike Konig.

He's carrying a tray, which I assume is for me. He shuts the door behind me, a click coming from it.

It locks when it closes.

He sets the tray down on a table, walking over to me.

"If I untie you, will you try to attack me?" He asks. I can hear that he has a bit of an accent, Asian maybe.

I look at the knife in his hand, and the pistol in his holster, then I shake my head, looking forward to getting out of the chair.

He stares at me for a bit, then nods. He walks up behind me, cutting my restraints with a slash.

He points to the tray,

"Food."

"Thank you." I say, standing up, rubbing my wrists.

He nods, walking away keeping an eye on me.

He stares once more, before opening the door with a key and walking out.

I sigh, standing up. I stretch after sitting down for so long. Finally.

After a couple minutes, I walk over to the table, looking at the tray.

There's a roll, mashed potatoes, and some mystery meat in gravy. I think it's beef.

Not bad.

It looks pretty good, and not cold.

I drag my chair over to the table, starting my meal.

They also gave me some water.

Nice fellas at this place.

I eat my food, humming a bit, bored.

After finishing my food, I try finding a place to put my tray. There's no way to send it back out, so I just leave it on the table.

I look around the room. There really isn't anything to do in here.

I see a pipe on the ceiling, decently low.

I go over to it, stretching a bit to see if I can reach it.

I can.

I pull a bit, seeing its limits. Eventually I get to hanging onto the pipe.

Perfect.

I pull myself up once, then I drop down.

So now I have a form of entertainment, working out.

I stretch first and do some warmups, then I go back to the pipe, pulling myself up and down, doing some pull ups.

I mean hey, might as well keep in shape while I'm here, no?

After a couple reps, I realized that I forgot to take off my vest. I drop down, unbuckling it. I decide to take off my helmet as well, having only my balaclava on.

I resume my workout. At least I have something to do while I think about a plan to escape.

Konig pov:

I'm sitting in my room, writing out some new plans for how to fortify the base better.

We're kind of on a budget here, so we don't have those fancy architect people to do anything.

My mind wanders as I add some cameras to the sketch.

Sketch, draw, fire, wood, brush, paint, blue...

God dammit.

I keep coming back to blue, specifically Keegan's eyes.

I hear a sharp knock at my door. I jump a little, startled.

Horangi comes in, closing the door behind him.

"Do you need anything?" I ask, looking up from my desk.

He stares at me for a moment before speaking.

"We need to get information out of him, tonight."

I pause, thinking.

"Can't we talk to him first?"

"You can try, but after it fails, we need to go more extreme."

"...okay"

"Good. Go get some food then meet me down at the control room at 18:00, sharp."

I nod.

...