She Might be Giant

Karen Pov:

I am so excited. After school, I'm going to show my friends the new surprise Babs, Mason, and I have been cooking up. I texted Babs who had the same idea.

Barbara T: DUDE! OMG! #SoExcited!!! Can't wait for our BIG SURPRISE for the grlz after school!

Me T: I hope they like it.

I'm immediately pulled away from my thoughts by something hitting me, knocking me over. I start to get up when I hear a familiar voice.

Doris: Hey, Beecher. Heads up. (Doris and Leslie laugh)

Me: Oh, um, hi, Doris. Fancy meeting you here while I was taking the extra, extra long way to Chemistry class.

Doris: Hey, I went to Chemistry class once. I know where that is. Tell you what. Why don't we escort you.

A few minutes later, I'm being carried by the two bullies to one of the locker rooms. I know exactly where this is going.

Me: Uh, you guys? Um, this isn't actually the Science building.

Doris: "This isn't the Science building." You see Beecher, that's your problem. You irritate me. You bug me. You're a puny little insect.

Leslie: And you know what Doris does to bugs...she squashes them.

Doris: (Chuckles) Yeah.

She grabs my wrists and starts making me hit myself.

Doris: Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself? Why are you hitting yourself?

Me: (Nervous chuckle) Okay, Doris, very funny.

Leslie: You thought that was funny? Maybe you need a little time to yourself to think about how comedy works.

Doris opens the locker next to me and was about to say something when there was the sound of someone entering. We turn to see Mason entering. After a minute of awkward silence, I decided to make my move.

Me: Mason help me! She's-

I didn't get to finish because Doris covered my mouth with her hand.

Doris: (Faking innocence) Hey Mason. How are you? Karen and I were...uh...discussing some...thing.

Mason: Doris, let her go. 

Doris: What?

Mason: Let her go. Pretty please?

She let out an annoyed sigh as she let me go. I ran up and hugged Mason.

Me: Thanks.

Mason: No problem buddy. Get going, you're gonna be late for chemistry class.

I ran past Doris and Leslie, noticing a glimpse of jealousy from Doris as I ran out. 

No Pov:

Once Karen left the room, Doris turned to her small friend.

Doris: Dude, what the heck?

Mason: Goliath, look. She's the only one who can match me intellectually. No one else in the friend group has ever matched me in the way Karen or Babs have. I want to keep that friendship alive, and besides, it may come in handy in our villain carriers in the future.

Leslie: What do you mean?

Mason: I've been working on a few secret projects with Karen and Babs, and even they don't the purpose of them. So, for me to finish the project, I need them to help me. All I'm asking you to do is to not bully Karen ever again. Please Goliath?