Part 3: Gold: 20- 26

What will happen when Cassius finds out who Darrow had to kill? He has to find out, they can't go on forever with it never coming out, can they?

We knew Golds were cruel before this test. Now, they play against themselves. They pin the top 50 against the bottom 50 in hopes that they have rigged the odds. Isn't always like that.

In a way I like that they're not just going to be sitting in classrooms. It makes sense to have blood on their hands. Just because they're born into a high Color doesn't give them the automatic right to rule. Earn it, through cruelty and emotion.

I find it weird that Sevro killed a wolf when their House sigil is a wolf. Is that not blasphemy? Also is he truly a Gold? He acts nothing like one of their class, even a lowGold. But I kind of like it.

The house being divided is certainly horrible for the game. I'm sure the Proctors are watching and are not impressed.

It feels like Darrow is too preoccupied with Titus and his followers than expanded his own rule at this time. Maybe he's watching and waiting, but he needs more action. We go from day 6 to 20 following Titus raid House Ceres.

There is finally some feeling of accomplishment as Cassius, Sevro, and Darrow have a small victory against House Minerva. It's enough to keep them going in the game and up their confidence.

So far in this book we've been in 3 different settings. The mines of Mars, the transitional period (for us and Darrow) of learning the ways of the Society, and being a Gold in the Institute. It keeps the story moving and readers on our toes.