Its Game Time! Whose Playin?

With everything that had happened Shane had almost not completed the ceremony, he had to send more scouts to patrol the borders around the territory and little Hazel had to be taken to the pack doctor because of the shock... but I knew it was important for the pack to know what might be coming, and against Shane's wishes do to my current outfit I stood back on the porch the blanket pulled around me.

                 "As many of you know I've come here from another pack, I never thought that coming here would change my life so drastically. I've met some incredible people here, and many of them called me family. You all have made me feel like I belonged here, and you all have been honest and forthcoming with me... so I feel I should be with you, things have began to take a turn as you all witnessed first hand..." I paused as everyone looked at me before glancing at each other, I opened my mouth to speak again when I heard it.

              "Oh little snowflake... how delicious you'll taste.. ha ha" My whole body stiffened for a second as I glanced around, no one else seemed to hear that. My eyes followed the treeline until they landed on a dark mass, it looked like a large shadow or mist but one thing made it clear that it wasn't... the large red eyes that stared at me but before I could say anything about it... it disappeared.

                  "T-he pack I came from has sent us a formal request for aid, they wish to have our warriors train theirs. From the information we've received they are unable to completely neutralize the threat, all they've been able to it push them back at the cost of some of their pack mates... and yes I understand what some of you might be thinking, why send our warriors to help them when it's not our problem... if we don't help them now it's only a matter of time before the rogues make it here. I would rather nip this in the bud there instead of fighting here, I want to protect this place, protect this pack that's become my home, so I will go. I will go and help any way I can, we will be take ten warriors with us including Deta Raymond. Alpha Haden and Luna Sara have agreed to take over pack duties while we're gone. But with this recent attack everyone should be on guard and please don't be out after dark, I know your strong but if you do need to go anywhere that's not a high traffic area please have someone with you. I wish to keep everyone safe. Thank you I believe that's all." I took a step back before Shane stepped in front of me, shielding me from any further attention. It nearly made me laugh but I held it back as Sara came up onto the deck before leading me inside to get a change of clothes. Yes I realize that I could have done this before speaking to the pack but I felt the need to say what I had then and there or I might have lost my courage.

Finally out of the limelight I began to feel that my body too was shaking, it was strange how calm I was up until a few moments ago. Sara was speaking to me but I couldn't make out what she was saying, it felt as if my heart was in my ears. I hadn't realized that we had made it to our destination until Sara moved away from me pulling open a large closet, taking a moment to glance around the room. I slowly began to become aware of the aches and pains I felt, the adrenaline wearing off.

                     "Here dear, I figure you'd want to clean up." Sara passed me a green sun dress from the closet before she pointed to the bathroom. "I really can't thank you enough dear... I know it must have taken a lot of courage to do what you did..."

                  "No I just moved, I was the only one who seen it and I knew that no one else would have been able to get to Hazel before that..." I shook my head as I took the clothes, I lifted my eyes to meet hers and she was smiling at me tears glistened in hers. "I'm just glad she's alright."

                    "We're glad your both alright, I have never seen Shane so panicked that he froze before... well I suppose I should let you freshen up before Shane comes looking for you." Sara smiled as she walked towards the door, but not before giving me a tight hug.