Part 12 🌻

Author's POV 💛
It was the next day after Rudraksh and Avira's ring ceremony. They have been told that they're not allowed to see each other until the wedding... So they text each other daily whenever they get free time.
Becharon ne abhi tak call par baat nhi ki...😛

Next month the rituals began. Today is their Haldi ceremony ( Rituals will be done in their own house ). Avira was wearing a yellow saree.

Haldi saree

Haldi saree

She is sitting on a stool, all the ladies were applying haldi on her face, hands and legs. After sometime she went to remove the haldi from her body.
Same was done with Rudra... All his cousins who were invited bathed him in haldi.

Like this Haldi ceremony ended....
Next day.. It was Mehendi,

 It was Mehendi,

Mehendi dress

Avira's hands and legs are covered with Henna. Everyone was teasing her that how much dark her mehendi will be which means that her husband will love her so much. But... There were also those types of aunties who was giving her their shitty gyaan. Like.. she should please her husband no matter what, she should never say no to her husband, pop out babies for him, she shouldn't do job after marriage.... Blah blah...
She know that these aunties are just talking shit and didn't payed any heed to them, thanks to her mother.

At night...🌃 Avira was lying on her bed, exhausted by the rituals.

Avira's POV 🔷
There were a lot of rituals I have performed... It was exhausting. I'm so tired that I can sleep for at least 2 days. I looked at my hands, slowly the colour of my Henna is getting darker.

Avira's Mehendi

Avira's Mehendi

Suddenly my phone buzzed. Oh it was on silent.. 😅
I lazily picked the call without seeing the name. Kon hai jisne itni raat ko mujhe yaad kiya.

Author's POV 🔹
On call-
Avira- Hello.. Kon hai?
(Hello.. who's there?)

Person- Aap bhool gyin mujhe.. hum pyaar karte hain ek dusre se aur shadi karne ka bhi plan kiya tha.
(You forgot me.. We love each other and had also planned to get married.)

Avira- ( sitting straight shocked ) Kya.. na jaan, na pehchan.. Kon ho tum? Tumhe bata dun ki main sirf ek hi aadmi se pyaar karti, aur vo hai Rudraksh Agnihotri. Kal shadi hai meri.
(What.. neither known, nor recognised.. who are you? Let me tell you that I love only one man, and that is Rudraksh Agnihotri. Tomorrow is my wedding.)

Person- ( Smiling like he won an award ) Kya sachme aap mujhse pyaar karti hain ?
(Do you really love me?)

(Still angry on the person)
Avira- Haan..
(Yes)

After a minute.. she heard a melodious laughter coming from the other side. She frowned and checked her phone. It showed Rudra ❤️.
She was literally shocked and embarrassed 😳 as she kept her hand on her mouth.

Avira thoughts ( Shit.. What did I do? I made a direct love confession.. Oh God.. what should I do now. i'm dying of shame 😳 )

Rudra- ( smiling ) I'm sorry.. itni raat ko call karne ke liye. Bas aapki awaaz sunni thi.
(I'm sorry.. to call this late at night. Just wanted to hear your voice)

He said when she went silent. He knew she would have realised that he was just messing with her. Avira came out of her embarrassing state.

Avira- (clearing her throat) Aawaz sunne ke liye koi esa mazak karta hai kya ?
(Does anyone joke like this to hear the voice?)

Rudra- Aap chahen toh mujhe daant sakti hain. (Teasing her) Vese.. pyaar ka izhar suhagrat ke din zyada better lagega.
(If you want you can scold me. Btw, Expression of love will look better on the wedding night.)

Avira- Huh.. tum kabse itne besharm ho gye.. shadi hui nhi ki baat suhagrat tak pohonch gyi.
(Huh, Since when did you become so shameless..The marriage has not taken place yet and the matter has reached till the wedding night)

Avira has gone full red by now. She's relieved that no one is around her.

Rudra- Jabse apse mila hun, main toh bas humari shadi hone ka hi intezaar kar rha hun. Aur kal vo intezaar khatam ho jayega. Kal finally main aapko dekh paunga. Vese.. Aap busy toh nhi hain na ?
(Ever since I met you, I have been waiting for us to get married. And tomorrow that wait will end. Tomorrow finally I will see you. Speaking of which are you busy?)

Avira- ( shyly, playing with her hairs)
Nhi.. thodi der pehle saari rasme puri karke aayi hun. Tum kya kar rhe ho ?
(No.. I have completed all the rituals a little while ago. What are you doing ?)

Rudra- Office ka kaam kar rha tha. Abhi free hua hun.
(Was doing office work. Just got free.)

Avira- (concerned) Zyada der tak kaam mat karna. Time se so jana.
(Don't work too late. Go to sleep on time.)

Rudra- Jesa aap kahen Ira.
(As you say Ira)

She smiled. She loves it when he calls her Ira. Just then Sujata knocked on the door and came inside with Avira's dinner.

Sujata- Avira.. beta kuch khale.
(Avira.. child eat something)

Rudra- Aap khana kha lijiye aur rest karlena. Kal time nhi mil payega aapko rest karne ka.
(You eat your food and take rest. You will not get time to rest tomorrow.)

Rudra was still on call so she said bye and hanged up. Sujata sat on the bed facing Avira.

Sujata- ( feeding Avira )Rudraksh tha call par?
(Was Rudraksh on call?)

She nodded. Sujata noticed that she was not smiling and was all silent.

Sujata- ( Trying to lighten her mood) Itni chup kyun hai ? Arre unn ladies ki baaton par dhyan mat de. Vo toh har kisi ko ese hi bolti hain.
(Why are you so silent? Hey, don't pay attention to what those ladies say. They talk to everyone like that.)

Avira started crying. She will miss her mother and her room a lot. Her mother was consoling by hugging her.

Sujata- ( wiping her tears ) Ro mat puttar. Tu jab chahe yahan aa sakti hai. Main humesha tere sath hun. Aur main janti hun Rudraksh aur uski family tujhe kabhi akela mehsoos hone nhi degi. Chup hoja beta.. khana khale, thanda ho rha hai.
(Don't cry dear. You can come wherever you want. I am always with you. And I hope that Rudraksh and his family will never make you feel alone. Calm down child.. eat food, it's getting cold.)

Avira stopped crying but was hiccupping. She looks like a baby while crying... With red cheeks, red nose, and pouty lips.
After having her dinner, Sujata made her sleep and also slept there hugging her daughter.

At Agnihotri house...

Rudra also slept after the call. He was waiting for the next day. He will not remain a bachelor from tomorrow.
His life is also going to change, he will have a wife to care and love.

To be continued...🌈