Part 23 🏥

Flashback when the accident
happened..

Rudraksh left his office bidding bye to his colleagues. He took out his car keys while walking towards his car. He smiled looking at the keychain which was dangling with the keys.

Soon he started the car and drove to his home. It was around 4:45 pm, the route that leads to his house is sometimes deserted. Only few cars and bikes pass by.

He was silently driving when his eyes fell upon the bouquet he brought for Avira. He shifted his focus back on the road but in the next second everything seemed to stop.
The bright light coming from the truck blinded him. Rudraksh tried to dodge the truck but failed as his car crashed with the it. His mind stopped working, he could only hear a ringing sound in his ears.

He went numb, he just wanted to go back to his Ira because he knew she would be waiting for him. Afterall, he wanted to take her out for a date.
He couldn't feel anything.The truck driver who was highly drunk passed out when the accident happened.
Rudraksh tightly clutched the keychain in his palm which was now covered in his blood.

That keychain was of black colour, the lines inked on it were ‘Drive safe handsome. I need you here with me. I love you’

Luckily, a jeep passing by stopped seeing the horrific scene infront of him. Quickly he got out of his Jeep calling the ambulance. He moved to the car and checked Rudraksh's pulses. He was alive but unconscious with injuries on his body. The unknown man took out Rudra's phone and his identity card from his pocket and dialled the first number he saw. It was Avira's phone number.

“Hello..” A sweet voice came from the other side. That man can never forget this voice.

Not beating around the bush he informed her, “Mr. Rudraksh Agnihotri ka accident ho gya hai. Aap agar unki family hain toh jald se jald Max Hospital aa jaiye”
(Mr. Rudraksh Agnihotri has met with an accident. If you are his family then come to Max Hospital as soon as possible.)

Meanwhile the ambulance came and they rushed to the hospital.

Present..

Avira's POV ❤️‍🩹
I rushed to the hospital, reaching there I was going to ask the receptionist about Rudra but a young man about Rudraksh's age came to me.
“Aap Rudraksh Agnihotri ki family hain?”
He asked.
(Are you Rudraksh Agnihotri's family?)

I nodded, no words came out of my mouth as fear gripped my heart. He led me to the OT where my Rudraksh was getting treated. A tear rolled down my eyes, I wanted to cry so bad but controlled. I have to be strong, for him. Wiping my tears I moved to a corner and called Ma and Papa.They must know everything.

“Hello” Hearing Ma's voice I couldn't control my tears.

Sniffing I replied, “M..maa, vo.. Rudra"

“Kya hua Rudra ko? Tum dono theek ho na?” She asked worried.
(What happened to Rudra? Are you both alright?)

“Rudra.. vo hospital mein hai. Ghar aate waqt Rudra ka accident ho gya” I whispered.
(Rudra.. he's in hospital. Rudra met with an accident while coming home)

Maa gasped. She consoled me and told me that they are on their way here. I didn't wanted them to get worried but what could I have done. They are his parents. It's their right to know everything about their child.

A nurse came and handed me Rudraksh's blood stained clothes. My breath shuddered when I held his keychain which I gifted him along with hoodie.
………………………………….