Part 1💛

Author's POV 💛
The whole Khanna family was waiting to welcome the Agnihotri family. Avira was still in her room as her mother said not to come downstairs until they will call.

A car stopped infront of the house. A couple in their late 40s stepped out of the car. They were Mr and Mrs Agnihotri, parents of Rudraksh Agnihotri.

Khanna family smiling greeted them and welcomed them inside.
"Please baithiye na." Sujata Khanna, mother of Avira said.
( Please sit )

"Vese aapka beta nhi aaya?" Sujata asked as she didn't find the boy who is suppose to meet her daughter.
( By the way, your son did not come?)

"Vo office gya tha. Isliye use aane mein thodi der ho jayegi." The boy's mother Shaina said.
( He went to office. So he will be a little late in arriving. )

" Oh koi ni ji. Hum intezaar karlenge. Konsi badi baat hai. Itne aap dono kuch lijiye na. Main Avira ko lekar aati hun." Sujata saying this climbed upstairs.
( That's alright. We will wait. In the meantime you both take something no. I will bring Avira. )

Avira was sitting in front of the mirror lost in thoughts when a knock disturbed her.
Sujata came inside the room after knocking. She saw Avira sitting quietly.

"Avira bachhe bohot sohni lag rhi hai. Kisiki nazar na lage." Her mother said being all time emotional.
( Avira child you are looking very beautiful. May no one cast an evil eye.)

Avira sighed and said," Maa aap ro kyun rhe ho? Aap toh aise kar rhe ho jese meri aaj hi shadi hai."
( Mom why are you crying? You are behaving like I'm getting married today only. )

"Chal pagli, par kabhi na kabhi toh tujhe sasural jana padega. Aur main surety ke sath keh sakti hun ki iss baar tera rishta pakka ho jayega."
( Come on silly, but someday you will have to go to your in-laws' house. And I can say with surety that this time you alliance will be confirmed. )

"Agar yeh pichle 10 ladkon ki tarah nikla toh aap meinse koi bhi mujhe agle 5-6 saal tak shaadi ke liye force nhi karega." Avira said clearly making her mother sigh at her daughter's stubbornness.
( If it turns out like the last 10 boys, then none of you will force me to marry for the next 5-6 years.)

"Thik hai. Hum meinse koi kuch nhi kahega lekin tu bewajah ladke ko inkaar nhi karegi."
( Ok. None of us will say anything but you will not reject the boy without any reason.)

"Ok" Avira knew there is no going back now. She took a deep breath, stood up from the vanity chair and came downstairs with her mother to living area. She saw a middle aged couple sitting and chatting with her family.

She looked here and there to find the boy but he was nowhere to be seen.
Her mother ushered her to greet the couple.

She said, "namaste" in a soft voice with both hands folded.
The couple looked at her for few seconds without blinking their eyes. For a second Avira thought they didn't like her but then relaxed when she saw them giving her a wide and genuine smile.

She sat between her mother and brother, opposite to where the couple is sitting.

All were chatting except Avira. Being an introvert and growing up in a conservative and extrovert family was really difficult.

Abhi tak vo ladka kyun nhi aaya? Shayad use bhi shaadi nhi karni. She thought and smiled in her mind and thanking her God. But..
( Why the boy hasn't come yet? Maybe he also don't want to go married.)

A roar of bike was heard. Avira's heartbeat started beating rapidly.
"Lagta hai Rudraksh aa gya." The boy's father exclaimed.
( I think Rudraksh has come.)

Avira in mind said, ( Isko bhi abhi aana tha )

Rudraksh after parking his bike entered inside the two story house. The house was maintained well and decorated. He liked the decorations.
When the view of living area came in front of his eyes, he started walking towards his parents.

He stopped at a distance, greeted the girl's parents and sat down on the single couch. His eyes fell on the girl sitting quietly. She was looking really gorgeous in a sky blue anarkali suit as it made her skin glow more. He was not able to see her face properly becoz she was looking down and her long black hairs covered half of her face.

Sensing an intense gaze she lifted her face and was shocked to see a really handsome and charming man. He was wearing black t-shirt, black pant and blue coat.

                  Rudraksh's attire    He had a light stubble, sharp jaw, pointed nose, full pink and soft lips and grey eyes which is rare to see

                  Rudraksh's attire

  He had a light stubble, sharp jaw, pointed nose, full pink and soft lips and grey eyes which is rare to see.

Rudraksh was also shocked to see a chubby but beautiful girl. Her nose was pierced,  long eyelashes, black eyes which looks so mysterious that he wanted to solve those mysteries all his life.

They had a cute eyelock. But their trance was broken by Rudraksh's mother who was praising the decorations of the house. Avira and Rudraksh was embarrassed as it was the first time they were lost in someone's eyes.

Rudraksh thought ( hey bhagwan, please Avira mujhe reject na kare. Main apni wish wapas leta hun. Mujhe kya pata tha ki ladki itni khubsurat aur simple niklegi. Aur Avira ko dekhkr ajeeb si lekin achi wali feeling aati hai .Bas kese bhi karke isse baat karwa do)

Avira's mother replied," yeh sab decorations toh Avira hi karti hai. Isko art ka bada shauk hai."
( Avira does all these decorations. She is very fond of art. )

Hearing this Rudraksh looked at Avira to see her reaction. She had a small smile but her eyes was saying something else like she don't want to be here at the moment.

Taking the advantage of the situation, Rudraksh asked Avira's mother," Aunty kya main Avira se baat kar sakta hun... Akele mein..."
( Aunty can I talk to Avira... In private)

Everyone was shocked especially his parents becoz he never tried to initiate a talk with a girl before. Avira was the first girl he wanted to talk to so badly. Hearing him Avira's eyes widened. She was equally shocked but composed herself.

Follow: riddhima123to on Wattpad