15✯

"How did it go?" Micah asked when the boys landed in the kitchen after a long day at the sports hall. Zayn couldn't commit to the omega wolves; it was getting stressful for the teen to think about trusting a position which let him down so harshly.

"It went okay" Zayn flicked the kettle on, watching Eloise and Lilith who sat in the garden. The werewolf was still very cautious of the demons, even after his mate told him he could trust them.

"Did you find a new pack?" Micah asked.

"Maybe," Zayn sighed and asked Liam if he wanted some tea. "It's not that simple. I have to know the wolves I choose are definitely the right people for the job."

"I'm sure you'll figure it out, you seem very accurate with your judgement, especially you Liam. You can see the bad before the good. That is rare when people take long to express their true identity."

Liam smiled and poured milk into his tea. accidentally spilling it on the counter.

"It's weird," the God mumbled, knowing the angel was in awe of him. Liam tried not to feel uncomfortable.

"How long have you had these powers?Your father talked about when you were human"

"Not long" Liam sat with Athena at the dining table. Her company is one he enjoys to be around, Micah was overwhelming him.

"So, you have a son who is a demon?" Zayn asked the angel while Athena watched Liam with a twinkle in her eye.

"It was tough for Zayn wasn't it?" she asked quietly, and the God nodded. "He will find those who will match Lou's loyalty. I know his heart will be searching for the wolves who match his:kindness and his bravery."

"I hope so," Liam said with a small smile of hope.

"He deserves it."

Athena watched her grandson like she was studying a precious jewel. "I'm yet to understand why he has experienced such horrible tragedies in his life. He hasn't deserved to be exposed to such cruelty, but something tells me it's preparing him for the war. Regardless of whether we win or not, it will be a bloodbath, and hopefully, for the opposite side.!"

Liam looked down to his tea, trying not to think about losing anyone dear to him in the future. The front door opening distracted his thoughts as he looked down the corridor from where he sat.

Harry was first to enter the kitchen, smiling wide like he was up to mischief. Lou followed, also grinning with red cheeks.

"What are you both up to?" Zayn questioned, narrowing his eyes.

"Nothing, Lou just tripped on the steps. He fell flat on his face." Harry started laughing again, wiping the recycled tear from his eye.

Ares patted Louis' shoulder and turned, motioning for someone to come into the kitchen.

First to enter was Piper, then Pheonix, then three more teens Zayn was yet to meet.

"Let's go into the garden." Ares guided the guests outside, and Eloise and Lilith entered the kitchen, asking Micah if Zayn had found a pack.

Liam waited, knowing Zayn had to first accept the wolves as a possible candidate before introducing them to his mate. Liam watched Zayn eye up the Omegas after greeting Piper and Phoenix again. The wolf had his critical frown while he examined the men.

Zayn would have liked to know everything about the Omegas before meeting them, but Ares' mind doesn't live in an ideal world.

"Are Piper and Phoenix a definite choice for your pack?" Ares thought to his son.