05 | I Love you

~~~~~Abheri~~~~~

Tomorrow  Mukunda is coming to meet me along with his family members. 

He had been following me for quite some time. But he was missing for few days recently.

At first , I thought he was just time passing, simply following around. But he is for real. His family members wanted to contact my parents to discuss about the proposal.

But how can they get their details or the house that I reside? Only I have to tell that. Akshaya's mom, wanted to contact me regarding this but was hesitating to ask me directly. 

So she reached out to the Head of our institution. The Head asked me my parents details , stating she knows some alliance for me and wanted to discuss about it to my parents. 

I knew why and for whom she was asking. Still I pretended naive and gave her the details. Mukunda's parents talked with my parents and they gave his details as well.

In addition they told that Mukunda is hell bent on marrying me, as he had seen me in the music class.

He clearly avoided telling them that he knew me before . He avoided telling that he was following me. 

I too remained silent and did not say anything about this. My parents showed me his profile and photo, after finding our horoscope matching. 

I said yes. But I have to talk with him. To know if he really likes me. So I was waiting patiently for the next day where I could talk with him in person.

~~~~~~Mukunda ~~~~~~

The day when I was asking questions about Abheri, my athimber (bro-inlaw) smacked my back with a knowing smirk. I know that look of him. 

I shaked my head as in I was not interested. My sister then went to start with the preparation of side dish. Myself and athimber sat on the sofa to watch highlights of old cricket match.

Akshya got back to her practice in the other room. 

"Andha music teacher pinnadi oru payyan suthardha pathen" (a guy is following that Music teacher daily)  my Athimber spoke with his eyes fixed on the tv.

I gulped the lump on my throat thinking I got caught. But he did not say it was me.

But when did he notice all this? Is he thinking him as some one else and informing me ? or does he really know it was me? Should I ask him?

Oru vela pottu vangararo?? (is he trying to pull words from my mouth?)

I cleared my throat. "hmm. Athimber , I will go help akka. We can finish the cooking soon" I left not wanting to sit there. 

The next few days I got busy with my work. In the middle , when I happened to leave early from office, I tried to get a sneak peak of her.

Its been a week and I was thinking of Abheri. I stopped following her temporarily.

Am I doing the right thing? Am I really in love with her? Only if I am serious about this , I have to follow  her. Not for the sake of casual time pass. I don't want to hurt her feelings if in case she has developed one for me.

It took me one whole week to decide and conclude that I like Abheri. I love her and want to marry her only and no one else.

Now that I have decided, I was reluctant and hesitating on how to open this up to my parents.

Two days passed. My akka was seen talking so loudly and enthusiastically. Akshaya for no reason was so happy that she would get new dress. 

My athimber gave me a mischeiouvs smirk. My parents were so happy. Mom was taking 'dhristi' of me. (warding of evil eye). But for what? 

"Can some one say the reason behind all your weird behaviour suddenly?" I asked little irritated and confused of what is happening . I was asking them for the past 10 minutes , but they all were teasing me.

"I know there was something really fishy with you the very first day.. But never expected you would do this" said Kavita.

"Pcch.. I am feeling more irritated with all your nonsense talks. Anyway no one is going to say anything. let me go to my room" I strode to my room.

"enna pa kalyana payan ipdi posuku posukunu kova padalama?" (New bride groom should not get angry often like this) my athimber spoke.

I looked at them confused. Seeing my reaction, my athimber told that he spoke to my parents about my liking towards Abheri. They  readily agreed as they like her already. 

My parents contacted her parents and they talked, exchanged horoscopes, which are matching and freaking Bell they have fixed the marriage meet tomorrow evening.

This all has happened in the last 1 week and here I am , getting to know this only now.

My family is always ahead of me in my marriage matters. Are they too fast? Or am I very slow??

No . I am not slow.  I was very busy thinking about my decision with Abheri. So did not get to notice the happenings at my house. 

It is me who has to decide whom I have to marry. Now that I have taken the decision to marry Abheri, I don't want to back off at any cost.

I am happy that my parents did not have any issues with me marrying her .

I wanted to talk with her once. For that I need to get her number. I thanked my bro-inlaw and asked my sister to share Abheri's number. 

Do you think that easily they will share me her number? no. As a last option , I resorted to Akshaya.

"Akshaya.. can you give me your .. your music teacher number?"

"what is the benefit for me?"

Sirisu lendhu politician vara ella vishayathukum bribery dhan ( from a small kid to politician, bribery what matters)

"ok.. I will treat you to ice cream"

"yey..." she shouted in amusement and gave me her number. 

I dialled Abheri and was waiting for her to pick up. 

On the second ring, she attended the call. 

"Hello"

Her voice was so melodious and soothing to hear. I got froze for a second hearing her voice.

Though we are speaking over the phone, her voice has got a real magic.

"Hello Mukunda, are you there?"

My name sounded so good and fresh when coming from her mouth. 

"yes... yes .. Mukunda here"

I was taking time to frame words and talk with her. But she kept talking about me coming to meet her tomorrow and so on.

"hmm.. Mukunda.. Do you really like me? I know you were following me for few days, but do you really like to marry me?" she asked with hesitation and expectation to hear my answer.

There was a silence from my side. 

"are you there?" she asked hearing no reply from me.

"ya .. I am still on the call"

"Do you really wish to proceed or did your parents force you for the meet tomorrow?" she asked.

"I love you Abheri" I uttered confidently. 

"Amma.. mama enga mam ku I love you sonna ma phone la"  (mom.. Uncle proposed to my Music teacher on phone )

Akshaya was shouting to the highest pitch that even the next street mami could hear.

If she had raised her voice to this 'mel sthayi' (upper note) on singing , she would have got even more beautiful voice like Abheri. I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know the story sounds more boring and cliche, still for the sake of my time pass I am publishing the chapters.