06 | Face to Face

~~~~~~~~~Mukunda~~~~~~~~

Hearing Akshaya's shout, everyone came near me. 

 Abheri was surprised to hear this from me and she did not speak anything after that. " I will talk later" I said and cut the call

"You have got so much of guts. Earlier you used to say that you would have love marriage and not a boring arranged marriage.

We all thought it was for fun. But looks like you are very serious about it" Kavita teased me.

"Acchu.. why did you give the number to him? anyway we are going to meet your teacher tomorrow right?" Karthik - my bro-inlaw asked Akshaya.

"he promised me to buy ice cream paa" she spoke with a fake innoncence.

'Adi pavi' (omg) I thought.

The next few hours were spent on everyone teasing me. My elder brother and other sister were also informed about this. 

They started to tease for their part hearing the news over the call. We then spent rest of the day in buying the necessary things for the next day meet, selecting my dress and so on. 

~~~~~~~Abheri~~~~~~
Pronounciation of Abheri: aah-bay- re

My house was getting ready for the meet that is supposed to happen tomorrow. My parents were so excited and happy more than me.

While I was doing sadhana(practicing) my mobile rang. I looked at the caller Id which displayed as "Mukunda"  as I have true caller installed in my mobile.

I attended it on the second ring. Though he called , he was silent most of the time. I was the one who spoke. Finally I asked him if he was ok with marrying me or was forced by his parents. 

To my shock and surprise, he proposed "I Love you". Also I heard Akshaya shouting to the core about him proposing to me. 

I noted her voice pitch. Damn this girl has got a voice which can take up high notes . But in the class she always sings on lower note. I mentally noted to catch hold of her in the next class. 

Mukunda too then cut the call. I understand, his family members were ready to tease him for what he did.

Next day...

I got ready in a beautiful tussar silk saree, paired with a small neckpiece and jhumka.

My hands were adorned with two bangles on each hand. I am never a fan of makeup , so I opted for the casual look. 

I saw through the window when the guests arrived. I already know Akshaya and her mom Kavita.

Akshaya came holding the hands of a man, whom I presume to be her Father. Then came an elderly couple, who should be her grand parents. Then came Mukunda dressed in formals.

Every time I see him in bike, he would be dressed in casuals or jeans. But today he looked perfect in formal wear.

The color he chose to wear complimented and suited well for his very fair complexion. My parents greeted them , which they too reciprocated. 

I saw him entering our house. Seeing him a smile brimmed on my lips. I felt shy for the first time and went inside.

~~~~~~~~~Mukunda ~~~~~

Everyone got seated and started introducing themselves. My parents too introduced about our family and spoke about my graduation and accolades. 

 That is when I came to know about Abheri. She is a triple graduate. BA Music (Vocal) , Bcom and ICWA.

Though teaching Music is her  passion and main profession, she also does internal auditing for a reputed company. 

Her parents, grand parents, great grand parents, everyone are well versed and trained in music.

So the trait naturally passed on to her as well. Her Dad said Abheri 's voice reminded  his mom's voice.

Apart from singing, she is trained in Veena and Violin. Of course, and it is apparent that she knew them.

A music teacher cannot just escape with vocals. He/she has to learn one of the musical instrument as well. 

The elders discussed much more. While here I was actually felling very shy for no reason and was not able to concentrate more. 

My athimber, instead of being a support for me, was teasing me often silently. 

I seriously don't know how my akka is handling him. He never ceases to entertain others. But he is a very jovial and loving person. 

I did not lift my head fully and look at others. Looks like the shyness which Abheri should possess at this moment has gotten in to me. 

Soon, I heard her mother saying they will call Abheri for us to see. My heart started to beat fast.

My sister was teasing me. "atleast now lift your head and see when she comes, don't bend your head"

"She is Abheri" I heard her Father voice. My bro-inlaw nudged me to look at her. 

Lifting my face I saw the beautiful girl in front of me. My heart skipped 5 beats witnessing her.