EP07

Alec's POV

I visited my mother's bakery that she has here in New York, to get this wound I have cleaned up. Can't risk going near the police or hospital. When looking my information up, it spills to much information and I don't need that at the moment. Or ever. I walked in and it was pretty empty. I greeted one of her workers and they pointed to the back of the shop. I walked in and saw my mother counting money. She didn't make eye contact with me. "Take your coat and shirt off and sit over there wait for me." I did what was told and sat where she had a chair set up next to a medical kit. I took my coat and top off and sat down. I lit up a cigarette and began smoking.

I then felt a slap on the back of my head. I look up and it was my mother. "You have a bullet in your back! I thought you said it was just a scar!" I chuckled. "I'm sorry mom I didn't want you to send me to the hospital." I said taking a puff while looking out the back door. There was a black cat chasing a mouse. She sighed and called in one of her workers to help and bring in other equipment for the bullet. They start to remove the bullet out of my back. I groaned at the feeling of it being taken it out. "Got it." My mother's helper said. My mother dismissed her helper and began cleaning up my wound.

"Who did it.." she asked calmly. I chuckled. "Mom, you act like I was cut up or something..." I brushed it off and began smoking some more. "Your father is coming out soon...so I know someone probably attacked you for a reason." I sighed and looked back out to the cat that was chasing the mouse. "Leo is back...and still looking for me...and dad". I felt my mom stop cleaning me and sighed. "That bastard of a child...". My mother began pouring alcohol on my wound. I groaned at the stinging pain. "Is he going to your father..." she asked but I didn't answer.

She then put something that made my wound sting even more. I yelled and backed away. "AH mom what the fuck?!". "Sit down...I'm gonna ask you again...is he going to your father?". I sighed and sat down. "Yes ma'am. He will try and get him...". "Try!? No Alec he will get him! That boy is crazy just like his father!!" She yelled. I looked down while she yelled. She's not wrong, Leo is crazy. He'll do anything and everything to get his way. But I'm not letting that happen this time. My mother finished cleaning my wound and I stood up and looked at her. She was crying a bit. I hugged her. "Nothing will happen to dad...I will stop Leo from even trying to lay a finger on dad....even if I have to kill him...I will" I said as I looked back out of the back door, the black cat now eating the mouse. My mother smiled and cupped my cheek. I smiled back and we hugged again. We pulled away and she went to back to her table where she was counting money.

"You know I'm getting to old right." She said. I chucked and shook my head. "What do you mean by that mom?" I asked as I clothed myself. "Cleaning you up and stuff...I won't be around long enough or have the energy to do that...". I got where she was coming from and I chuckled. "Is there anyone else? I need to see you get married before I go..." I laughed. "Mother stop, you're not even close to the grave ok". "With this life style I am. I'd be at risk more than ever once your father's out...so who will be by your side cleaning you up?" She asked as she kept counting her money. I smiled to myself and thought of Nevaeh. But who knows. "I do have someone in mind...but I'd have to slow down a bit with this one..." I smiled to myself.

The next day...

Nevaeh's POV
My time here New York has felt like I'm in a damn movie. After that chaos that broke out when I was with Alec, it just kept replaying in my head. When he left yesterday, I was a bit worried. Then I realized that he took my attention away from my work. He texted me saying that he went to the hospital and sent me a photo of his muscular back. Gosh,...I then went on a zoom call with my manager and talked about up coming projects I have while here in New York. I then was invited to go to LINE ENT company to take head shot photos for their website! They want to announce me being apart of their company.