chapter 5: what do you mean?

jake sat with friend group at their normal spot,it seems as if drew wasnt their today which is as usual for him. "so jake" ellie pointed at him. "whats going on with you and that masked boy?" jake tried to process her question. "what do you mean?"
"i mean, why do you always seem so flustered when talking him?"
"no i dont" he crossed his arms and pouted "i took a picture of you two,look." she then took her phone out of her pocket and handed it over too him. "you where not near my english class yesterday how in earth did you get this?" he was confused and terrified by her getting this. "i have my ways." she played off."still,hes just my friend.." he saddened. "hmmmf,okay then."

every few seconds his eyes would fixate over to tom who was sat on the table beside them by himself,he knew he had friends but why was he sat by himself?" he decided it would be a goid idea to call him over "TOM!!" he called out startiling his friend group. tom waved at the short boy.he moved his hand forward signaling for him to come over. ellie and gabbie gave him a 'i know what you are' type of look but he didnt care.

about 30 seconds after tom was sat next to jake, "hi jake, im sorry but what are youre names?" tom tried to sound polite.
"im ellie are you jakes boy-OW?!" jake stepped on her foot as hard as he could
"gabbie!"she smiled
"im dan."he fixed his hat
"is this the boy you where flirting with?" dan bluntly asked resulting into him getting kicked in the shins, dan winced back in pain. tom looked just as confused,"we where not flirting.." this caused ellie to show him the photo she took , there was a sly grin on her face as jake shew defeat in trying to get then to stop talking."ignore them" he rolled his eyes.tom could see one of the prefects that where looking for him because of his stunt. "ah shit, there looking for me still."
"who?" jake asked , he thought they delt with that already."the prefects." he grunted annoyed."im gonna go hide so they cant find me, it was nice meeting you though!"you couldnt tell if he smiled due to his mask , but from his eyes he was smiling. "awh ok bye!" jake spoke slight sadness in his voice, the other 3 waved at him.

after what was most likely 2 seconds after he left, ellie spoke once again."you totally have a crush on him."she laughed."no i dont?!" he was being slightly aggressive but still, he had to defend himself somehow."then what was all that about, you never enjoy talking to 'new' people" she had a great point. but he wasnt gay though , right?

(short, but were getting somewhere)