chapter 7: reassurance

His face tried to curve into an unwanted smile , he felt as if the faces in the stupidly long corridor snspped towards him,secretly judging him. he stood there for a solid 10 seconds before a short brunette girl who couldnt be above the age of 8 stood infront of him."hello..? where miriam?" jake looked around the room."shes at the reception" the girl bit on the lollipop she took from the jar besides her. "fiore your parents where called they should be here soo- oh hello, who may you be?" the elderly ladies shook his hand softly."i'm jake, im a year 10 here." he softened up slightly,the girl who he was guessing's name was fiore was giving him chills, as if she was plotting something."lovely to meet you dear, do you mind sitting over there while i try sort of fiore?" she smiled as jake nodded and sat on the wooden chair besides the door.miriam was helping the younger girl whilst he placed his head against the wall. "okay then now thats done.. jake right?" he lifted his head up "yes," he smiled trying to avoid as many questions as possible."now dear , what seems to be the problem?"she sat next to him.
"well-i think i like one of my friends but not in a like way but as in a like like way but the problem is i think hes straight but im also straight but am ibstraight im pretty sure i have  crush on a boy so thats not straight at all , but my family's homophobic so that wont end well and-" he started mumbling, tears running down his cheek, his head in his hands."dont worry dear, i feel like i understand what youre saying.you like a boy but you have a fear of your parents finding out?" her face turned into a sympathetic frown.jake nodded in response his fingers practically brushing his hair for him. "well, have you tried talking to this boy about this?" she placed her hand on his shoulder."not yet, everytime i try talking to him, i go all nervous and start rambling it makes me wanna die in a way" he rolled his eyes at himself. "hmm... let me see, whats this boys name?" she took a folder of records of students "tom lewis." he brought his knees up to his chest, his eyes red and puffy. "well since your class started about 15 minutes ago , you should probably get going , try talking to tom, and if you need anymore help , you know where to find me!" she waved goodbye as he left feeling slightly better.

he sat in his french lesson ignoring the scolding from his teacher. if he had a nickle for everytime he was late , he would have 2 nickles wich would of been a lot to him.and both times they where to do with tom. "where have you been , ive been suffering alone" ellie waved."i went to mrs miriam."her eyebrows went up in shock."i didnt think you'd actually im gonna be honest." she turnermd her head fully around ,"did she help you orrrr?" she looked at him intensely."i guess? she told me to talk to him thats about it." he shrugged."and you should totally not do that just yet-" jakes face was puzzled "why not?"
"because you should take him somewhere nice on a special day or something then you could ask him then." she rambled on about her idea for the rest of the hour leaving jake hopefull, but he still had no idea how he would react.