chapter 1: what is this feeling?

Jake was any normal teenage boy.he liked to write,play video games, hang out with his friends and well anything else really! except for one thing. he knew it wasnt 'normal' to not have a crush on every single girl around . hell , he hasnt felt it ever. he wasnt gay though? right? he was caught up in his thoughts until his friend, ellie nudged his shoulder "do you know whats going on?" she asked barely over a whisper. "no , you?" he realised he hadnt been paying attention the entire lesson.she shrugged at him and went to ask gabby. he gave up with trying to understand after 30 seconds and started doodling on his book , who needs algebra anyway?

the bell finally went signalling it was lunch, he went and sat down with his friend group at their usual spot . consisting of gabby,ellie,dan and drew. he was still thinking about his whole relationship problems. why couldnt he just have a crush on a girl? "what you thinking about jake?" drew wrote on his notepad across from him "nothing important thank you for checking up on me tho!" he faked a smile at the non verbal boy his eyes glanced over to the table beside them , mainly at the mysterious boy with a black and tinted green mask , it matched with his hooded jumper and long black leggings. his name was tom, he was in his english and science class.although he looked scary , he was one of the kindest people ever , if you didnt annoy him.he was also a 'trouble maker' but he ment no harm.he looked away as tom looked at him.speaking of which, he had english next.he continued to talk with his friends about the upcoming english exams.

he got up and headed to his english classroom as he spotted tom again , he was getting yelled at by a teacher again , i think his name was mr derek?he dosnt know tho.he dosnt remember much to be honest.by the time the teacher stopped yelling at him for wearing a jacket he caught up with him "hey! tom right?" he struck up a conversation. "yeah ,you're jake arent you?"  he thinks he smiled , its hard to tell when their wearing a thick mask. something about him made him happy tho."correct! i hope it wasnt weird of me looking at you in the cafeteria though.." he said then realised he probably didnt even notice "dont worry about it, happens all the time."he puts his hand on the shorters shoulder. he smiled and nodded in response as they walked in to english.

"late again i see tom. and jake." she sounded confused as to why jake was late "whats your excuse today?" the english teacher , mrs kristal looked at them both "i-i-" jake stutterd . he was never late and he didnt know what to say."we where stopped by a teacher. its my fault. im sorry mrs." tom finished for him. "thank you." he whispered. tom (most likely) grinned at him. he took his seat, his heart was beating fast and his stomach was feeling funny , what was this feeling? he didnt hate it but he also didnt like it.