[Chapter Sixteen]: Zion's Resolve

"...Don't you dare think otherwise... I'm gonna... avenge..."

"Oh, he's back at the sleep muttering," Wyatt remarked as Y/N shuffled around crazily in his bed, his bedsheets being thrown all over the place as he did so. 

"Second... chance... save... everyone..."

"What exactly is he dreaming about?" Walker questioned blankly, looking at him with a confused face.

"Maybe something about that cat?" Wyatt suggested, pointing at Ghost, who had been perched on a tree branch outside the Butterfly Mansion for a whole week now, watching Y/N very closely.

"The cat is suspicious, I'm going to kill it if it stays any longer," Walker stated, staring at the cat with a murderous look in his eyes.

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Y/N suddenly shouted as he sprung from bed onto his feet in his battle stance. But then upon acknowledging the familiar surroundings of the 'hospital ward' of the Butterfly Mansion, Y/N blinked. "What?"

"You've been asleep for a week straight," Walker told him calmly.

"I feel the exact opposite," Y/N admitted, having not fully processed what Walker just said. "...Wait. A WEEK?!" he suddenly exclaimed with shock, before regaining his composure and clearing his throat. "I was out for a week?" 

"Ah, that's what the ruckus was!" came a familiar voice, and all three men turned to see Lady Shinobu entering the room through the open door. "Y/N, I'm glad to see that you've finally awoken!"

"Lady Shinobu," Y/N greeted politely. "Thanks for helping me recov—." But then the sound of a loud slap filled the room.

Y/N held his cheek, where a bruise now was, as Lady Shinobu said in a menacing voice unlike her, "What did I say a week ago? To not engage into that fight! And yet you disobeyed me, further worsening your injuries!"

Wyatt thought at once, "Y/N actually got put in his place for once!?" Even Walker seemed a bit surprised for a second.

"Uh, sorry," Y/N said hastily as he looked at his arms and then stretched them. He thought back to the previous week, and his eyes widened as all of the memories flooded his mind. The encounter with the Lower Ranks, the Hashira Meeting, the one-on-one with Iguro...! "A lot happened."

"I do ask that you keep your voices down," Lady Shinobu said quietly, and turned towards a familiar face, who was sleeping in a bed. It was the blond boy that they encountered on the way to the mountain; Y/N didn't even remember whether or not they even learnt what his name was. "He's finally taken a nap after causing many ruckuses lately."

"I'll kill him," Y/N said darkly, already a few feet away from his bed, before being pulled back by Walker. Clearly he wasn't happy about the boy causing trouble for Lady Shinobu. 

"Try and stay calm," Lady Shinobu said to him.

"Calm and Y/N don't mix well," Walker told her nonchalantly. "He's the opposite."

"Oh, I'm well aware," Lady Shinobu nodded at him before turning back to Y/N. "It would be beneficial if you learnt to stay calm like Walker here."

Y/N scoffed, "You should have seen him when we were on our way to the mountain, he was getting pissed at me the entire time." 

"Anyhow, matching Walker's level of calmness is still a significant step," Lady Shinobu replied promptly. "And Wyatt's optimism."

"Thanks, Miss Shinobu!" Wyatt said with a thumbs-up, smiling at her.

"Well then, I'm heading out," Y/N stated hastily as he looked around for his usual Demon Slayer clothes. 

"No, you are not," Lady Shinobu stated with a smile.