[Chapter Thirty-Three]: Unprecedented Twist

"Zion, are you okay?" Walker asked Zion as they took cover behind a wide tree, narrowly avoiding an amber blood sword. 

"My body hurts, but I'll be all right," Zion answered as he reloaded his gun. "Still, this is really annoying." 

"I'd have to agree," Walker responded, glancing at the two Demons, who were steadily approaching.

As Zion had said, the situation they were in was really annoying. For starters, Konchi's Blood Demon Art was practically limitless, in the sense that he could manipulate his blood to send pretty much anything to them. At first glance it doesn't seem much of an issue, but when you pair it up with Obake, whose poison needles could change the tide of the battle at any given moment, they were in a bad spot. 

To make matters worse, they wouldn't be getting help anytime soon, since the train was long gone. With that in mind, it meant that their only option right now was to outsmart Obake and Konchi somehow, which would let them get the upper hand and possibly behead one of them. If one of the brothers went down, then the other would follow shortly. 

"Zion, we'll split them up," Walker stated, turning to the white-haired man, who looked at him, intrigued. "I'll get Konchi away from Obake; I want you to deal with Obake."

"Is that a good idea?" Zion asked, slightly concerned about the plan. 

"Is there anything else you can think of right now?" Walker questioned promptly. "As it stands, as long as those two are together, we'll inevitably lose." 

"Fine then, I trust you," Zion sighed, before both men nodded at the other.

"Come out, come out, wherever ya are!" Konchi shouted, looking around for them. They were rather agile, so he had lost them. 

"Shadow Breathing: Second Form. Yearning Shade," said Walker as he zoomed towards Konchi and performed a circular motion similar to Water Breathing's Water Wheel. Konchi hastily leapt backwards to dodge, missing it by inches, but Walker recovered quickly and continued, "Shadow Breathing: Sixth Form. Helpless.

His sword became engulfed in a purple cloud, every movement followed by a misty trail, and Walker darted towards Konchi. He unleashed an onslaught of swift attacks, which only grew quicker and quicker with each swing. Utilising his momentum, Walker didn't give Konchi a chance to do anything other than block with his arms, which had become surrounded with hardened blood to serve as armour. However Konchi couldn't spare even a fraction of a second to use his Blood Demon Art; if he diverted his concentration to something else then Walker would be able to easily behead him, or at least that was what he feared was going to happen. 

"Konchi!" shouted Obake, moving to save his brother, but in came Zion, who pointed his gun at Obake and pulled the trigger instantly. Obake couldn't dodge, but was able to lift his arm up to take the shot. It was completely eradicated from the bullet, and he leapt back, all while Walker progressively forced Konchi away with his assault. 

"Hey," said Zion confidently, and Obake turned to him. "Last time we met, you asked me who I thought I was." Zion pointed at himself with his thumb. "I'm a failure that's going to behead you!" 

...

The opening begins with Y/N, Zion, Walker and Wyatt gearing up. They're attaching their sheaths to their sides, with Walker placing it underneath his cloak. A frame of a zoom in on each character's face flashes on the screen. Y/N is bearing his usual blank expression, Zion's grinning confidently, Walker has a calm face, and Wyatt is a mix of nervous and determined. (0:00—0:07)