• Part Sixteen •

Still third person pov

The pain in his tail was still very painful.

Very very painful. He started whimper and whine. He didn't want to get up. But he wanted Y/n.

He really wanted her now. He wanted her to hold him tight and tell him that everything was going to okay. He didn't care how childish that may sound.

Y/n heard a quiet sound and stopped to listen closely.

Is it him? Crying??

She speed-walked towards the crying sound and came upon a bush of tall grass and crouched down.

She shone the lantern only to see blood all over the blades of grass.

Y/n gasped and set her lantern down beside her and dug through the tall grass and felt the soft fur of Yeonjuns.

She pulled him out of the grass and held him like he was a big baby.

"L- love? What h- happened?" She looked down and noticed his tail that was bloody. "I-.. I need to get you back to the castle! I think I can sneak you in my bedroom..."

She wrapped her shawl around him and his tail and stood up, grabbing her lantern as well.

Holding the fox in one arm, as a mother would hold her small child, and holding her lantern in the other, she jogged back to the castle as fast as she could....

..Once she arrived at the gates, she sneaked in, as quietly as a mouse.

Even quieter than a mouse actually.

She even made sure none of Yeonjuns blood would drip on the floor.

She stepped into her bedroom and closed the door behind her.

She jolted to her bed side and lied the injured fox down on the bed and unwrapped the shawl.

She took a closer look at his tail, but it was too dark and there was too much blood for her to see.

"Love, stay here, alright? I will get medicine and bandages and such to clean your tail."

She tried very hard to not panic at the sight of his tail. She tried staying calm. Sunghoon had told her before that she must try and stay calm during a stressful situation..

Yeonjun pov.

The princess lied me down on a large bed. And rushed away soon after.

Wow.. This is beautiful. A much better place to die than in a bush of grass.

Wait! What am I thinking?? I'm not going to die from a broken tail.