• Part Thirty Six •

Y/n frowned

Y/n frowned. "I do.. I really want to come with you."

"Did you even ask him?" He asked, his voice turning serious.

"No. I felt like it wasn't right... I should have asked but I didn't! I didn't know what to do at that time." She said shamefully and regretfully.

"It's okay, Y/n. Don't be sad." He smiled and reached his hand out to touch her shoulder, but then pulled away. Not sure if he was allowed. "It's not too late to talk to him. Where did he go?"

Y/n shrugged. "I'm not sure... But we can check the stables. If he is leaving now, then he would need to take his horse."

"How long ago did he tell you this?"

"Hmm... Maybe an hour ago.." she said, thinking about the time in the library.

"Y/n, how about you go check his room, in case he is packing. I will check the stables, okay? Don't be afraid to ask him... If you don't, you might regret that."

Y/n nodded. "Okay.. I'll ask him this time."

Yeonjun smiled and was about to run off, but then stopped.

"Y/n... Are you sure you want to come with me? To the forest? It could be perilous." He asked, his voice gentle.

Yeonjun was the sweetest person she ever met. He never got angry. Always understanding.

Y/n wondered if all the fox people were like this, or just Yeonjun.

She thought about Yeonjun's question for a second before replying.

"It's a scary adventure.." she looked down. "But I'm sure. The forest is my happy place too. Not royalty. I'm ready to give that up.."

Yeonjun smiled, trying to show support.

"Don't be afraid. You'll be safe, I'll make sure of that. And you'll get a little homesick at first, but that will pass with time."

Y/n forced a smile. Trying to stay positive and confident. She trusted Yeonjun.

But she still felt sad about Sunghoon's feelings and him wanting to leave.

"Yeonjun, let's go find him."

Yeonjun nodded. "Yeah, let's!" He shifted into fox form again and ran towards the stables.

And Y/n ran to the castle. Running as fast as she could in a gown.

Y/n pov.

I rushed to Sunghoon's bedroom. Hoping to find him inside, packing his things.

"Sunghoon!" I called as I knocked on his door.

There was no response. Not a word or sound from Sunghoon.