the wait

Ethan's POV

I Walked through the house putting everything in order while Grayson did the other half of the house. Cameron was out with friends for a few days so it was just me and my brother.

"Gray I don't get it, they were supposed to be here this morning" I yelled across the hall. I got news last week that Bella was moving back to NJ and we were nervous. Gray and I were friends with Bella for a long time before she moved, but that was 3 years ago and we're both really nervous to meet up again. What if things changed? What if we don't get along? What if she hates me? The thoughts sent a chill down my spine and caused a wave of nervous thoughts to rush through my head.

That's the thing about Bella. She was the only one I knew who instantly knew how to clear my mind and just forget all my troubles.

I walked up stairs to shower and get clean before she shows up. I pulled out a Nike shirt and a pair of caki shorts with white socks with white vans. I walked into the bathroom to turn the shower on when I heard my phone start to ring. It was Bella's mom. I could feel a wave of excitement run through my body with tingles spreading to my fingertips.

"Hello?"I answered.

"Ethan? Something's come up and it looks like we might be a bit late showing up, maybe even tomorrow"

I could hear a shake in her voice like she had just seen a bear. She gets like that a lot because she worries a lot about bella, so I shook it off as normal. "It's alright, take your time" I replied.

I ended the call and began to undress for the shower.

I got out and dressed dried my hair, and walked around to find Gray. I told him the news and grabbed a snack before heading to watch TV. I checked my phone and noticed something that left me frozen and unable to move. Bella's mom is a nurse and she didn't call from her cell phone.

She called from work.
The hospital.