Chapter 246: Alpha's Memory (2)

The rooftop used as a helipad was spacious. However, finding Yoohyun was not difficult once I climbed up. As soon as I reached the rooftop, Irin popped up from behind me. She greeted me, lifting one front paw as if shaking hands, then hopped down, leading the way.

My younger brother was standing at the opposite end of the rooftop. The morning sunlight gently touched his black hair. Similar to Yoohyun but with a slightly different face. He had aged a bit more. Perhaps because he's twenty-six years old.

Fortunately, he had a mix of Alpha traits, making it easier. It would have been quite challenging otherwise.

Yoo Hyun approached the railing, the city spread out In the distance, traces of last night's commotion were visible through the buildings. People here would be both amazed and anxious. After all, a whole defense agency building had been overturned in one night. There would be those who welcomed it and those who felt uneasy.

"Hyung."

"Yeah?"

"Lately, I feel like I've been distancing myself too much."

irin settled on Yoohyun's back, wrapping around his neck. My younger brother calmly expressed his thoughts.

"I'm thinking of going back to the guild's house. You have Peace and Noah by your side, so don't worry. It's right next door, anyway."

"Hey,what's this about? Distancing yourself? No, even if you do, what's wrong with that? It's tough to live too rigidly. It's better to be a bit flexible."

Recently, Yoohyun had indeed become a bit lax. But compared to before, especially before the regression, he was better now. Much better.

"But you said you want to live together, or that's not right?"

"No. I like it. I like it so much that sometimes I suspect it might be a dream."

"But why do you want to leave, then?"

There was no answer. There was something. I'm sure of it. Perhaps it was because of the incident where I almost died trying to save him. No, he already said it wasn't that. If something similar happened again, he would wait for me anytime I needed help, he said.

My brother didn't outright suggest giving up on himself. On the contrary, he asked to be saved. It must have been shocking and difficult, but he didn't refuse my hand. So, he wouldn't leave my side because of that incident.

Then...

"...Is it because of Alpha's memories?"

Why would it lead to an outburst, even considering suddenly being in someone else's body and a changed environment? Even looking at Moon hyuna, she was skillfully playing the role of Lambda. Moreover, according to her, the only place where abnormal phenomena similar to Alpha's rampage had been reported was in Akatess. The exchange between cities was limited, but when a major event like Alpha's rampage occurred, it couldn't go unnoticed. Yerin and Noah seemed to have adapted well too. As for Peace, let's put him aside for now.

In the end, the problem was only with Yoohyun.

"Yoohyun-a─are you"?

Silently and lightly, Yoo Hyun climbed up onto the railing.

"Is it because of Alpha? Hey Where are you going?"

As if fleeing, my younger brother walked along the railing. I followed, but soon, the path ahead was blocked, but I'm currently a C-rank it would have been tricky if I was still an F-rank but now with my stats and boots I climbed up the railing.

The railing, about the thickness of two fingers,and for security reasons, a slightly higher steel plate was attached. The width of the space for my feet was less than one centimeter, more challenging than tightrope walking, but it looked stable as if standing on a flat surface. There was nothing I couldn't do now.