chapter 5

pov. Hercules Mulligan 

I was at home sitting on my bed with tears in my eyes my parents were out to dinner and Laf hadn't showed up yet. I couldn't believe I hurt James. He didn't deserve it, Aaron hurt Laf but James didn't do anything.even If I did mean to hit him I would never hit him that hard on purpose I would never do that to any one on purpose... right. What if I hurt someone else like Laf. Before I could get too wrapped up I heard someone ring the door bell. I got up and wiped the tears from my eyes.

When I opened the door I saw Laf he was holding a bouquet of honeysuckle, primrose,common poppy,blue bell, and heather, all my favorites from Ireland.I took the bouquet and set them in a vase on the table. Laf looked down at me with a pitiful expression before he took my hand in his and led me back to my room we sat down on my bed. I let out a sigh and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me softly.

"It wasn't all your fault Mon amour" He whispered into my ear.

"I know, I know, just what if I hurt someone else... what if I, well if I hurt you" I choked out leaning on to him.

"You can never hurt me amour" he said looking into my eyes as he gave me another kiss.

"I-I know b-but" Laf cut me off with a kiss to the lips before slowly pulling away. 

"tonight we'll go and make sure James is all right, okay amour" Laf said as he rested his head on my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. I Leaned back on him making him fall backward onto the bed. I turned around and cuddled him in my arms as we rocked back and forth kissing each other as our legs tangled together. As we cuddled I made one promise to myself. I would never hurt this man ever. 

pov. Thomas Jefferson

I had been waiting in the hospital lobby for an hour before they let me go see Jemmy. I almost ran to his room as the nurse opened the door I couldn't believe what I saw. Jemmy was laying in the hospital bed with a machine hooked up to him. I walked over to his bed a new round of tears in my eyes I hadn't even told him I loved him and he might be gone already.I should have told him when I still had the chance.As the tears rolled down my face I grabbed his hand in mine whispered to him.

"please James, I love I always loved you just please, wake up Jemmy." I could say anymore before I began to cry again and that's when Hercules walked into the room. I turned around and glared at him, Laf was next to him with his hand on his shoulder.Hercules looked like he was about to begin crying as he looked at James. then He walked up to MY James and whispered.

"Shit, shit,shit James I'm so sorry- I didn't mean to- It was an accident I didn't- I wanted to- I-"  Laf pulled Hercules into a tight hug and gave him a kiss on the forehead as his bottom lip quivered. him and Hercules walked out of the room leaving me alone with James. I Gently hugged him careful not to remove anything important or hurt him.I sobbed into his chest a little while silently praying he would wake up soon.

after a couple of hours a nurse came in.

"Sir you have to go now visiting hours are up" she said opening up the door

"But I- James he-" I said through my sobs.

"Sir, visiting hours are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. you have to leave" with one final goodbye I wiped the tears out of my eyes and left. When I finally got home I texted Aaron

Macncheese9000: Hey Aaron

talk_less: what do you want Jefferson

Macncheese9000: where were you I thought you said you were going to check up on James with me after detention.