Chapter 8

pov. Thomas Jefferson

I had nearly sprinted into the hospital the minute I could. when I made it to James room I heard arguing I stopped and listened.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT HE'S SUCH A FUCKING WEAKLING" a masculine voice yelled

"James, he's still your son" a feminine voice replied

"HE'S A LIABILITY" the masculine yelled again

"but James-" The feminine voice started

" Elanor that boy is a disappointment to the family I knew we should have killed him the minute he was born and now we finally have the chance... besides the doctors have already been asking a lot of question about his wounds and if he never wakes up We never get caught do you understand me Eleanor" the male voice said in a stern tone

"JAMES!!!" the feminine voice gasped sounding shocked

"I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND" The male voice yelled.

Before I could step inside a woman ran out sobbing. I recognized her as Mrs. Madison before coming to a terrifying realization. The man in the room, alone, with my Jemmy was, Mr. Madison. I rushed inside the room and saw a medium sized muscular man. I could smell the alcohol and cigarettes on him from here. He looked dead like he wasn't even a human just a drunken husk of one. That wasn't what made me feel fear the most though it was what he was holding.

Mr. Madison was brandishing a sharp knife in his hands. I let a small gasp as he walked over to James's side. He held the knife over Jemmy's heart. I wasn't going to lose Jemmy to this piece of shit. I leapt toward him grabbing onto his arm and dragging my nails across his flesh. The let out a growl and swung the knife at my head Just barely missing my face. I bit down hard on the flesh of his arm. He let out a small cry from the sudden pain and dropped the knife. I quickly grabbed and pressed it to his neck.

"go now and if I ever see your retched face again anywhere near James I swear I will torturer you till you beg for me to kill you." I said before nicking him in the face with the blade and moving away from him. He quickly left the room. I placed the knife in my pocket and leaned over Jemmy. I bent down and examined his perfect features. I moved a little closer about to connect his lips to mine before pulling away. I couldn't do that it was wrong. I didn't even know if he loved me or not yet. instead I gently hugged him crying as I did.

time skip 3 days:

my parents had gotten back, they had been mad with me but had quickly become sympathetic when they heard about the state James was in. I was hugging him again while silently praying for him to wake up. I could feel the tears coming out of my eyes. could hear a small groan of pain. I paused moving away from him. Had he just... HE MOVED. I let out a gasp and watched as he brought his hands to his eyes rubbing them as he did.

"JEMMY" I cried out immediately throwing my arms around him.

" what-T-Tommy" he mumbled

"oh Jemmy I love you so much, don't you dare ever do that again, please don't leave me, I don't know what I would do with you in my life, you're the kindest, best, most amazing and perfect person I've every met in my whole life, I love you Jemmy I love you so much, I love you more than a friend, I love you more than anything In the whole world, you mean everything to me and I never want to see you hurt again" I said through my tears of joy before pressing my lips to his. then I pulled away. I had just kissed James, my best friend, I had just told him I loved him and now I ruined any chance I had ever had with him.

James wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed me back. I paused before melting into the kiss, his lips seeming to fit perfectly with mine. He pulled away and whispered.