Grace

It's weird how you see your mind blowing and hands trembling and still be able to stand on your feet. You act like you are okay when what is happening is unimaginable and beyond belief. Its pain, I feel pain in my heart. My hands are shaking, my eyes stuck on Ethan, my heartbeats losing their rhythm.

I am standing at the entrance of my class trying to take in everything this class is giving right now. My classmate crying, professor shaking his head with disbelief. Ethan is standing in the middle of class. What strange is discipline committee standing in between Ethan and my classmate crying.

"You admit what she said?" one of the member asked.

Ethan has his eyes locked in mine. He is staring at me like he wants me to know something but what I want right now is his answer. I wish he will say no but why I find him confused right now.

We have been together for the entire month and we were happy. He spends time with me after university and sometimes in between. Daniel is understanding friend of mine so he gives me the space I need. We sometimes have lunch together. We spend weekends together either studying or making out. When I am with him all I think is Ethan and when I am not with him all I think is about Ethan. He is so much into my life right now that I don't remember the time he was not with me. In campus, everyone knows about us and rumors got cleared up eventually.

He nodded, and in that moment, my heart shattered right in front of me. How could Ethan betray our closeness like this? I believed we had a bond where we didn't need to conceal anything from each other. The shocking revelation hit me hard – he had abused her. It was the unsettling truth that had prompted her to report the incident to the discipline committee, and what's even more baffling is that he admitted to it. My heart raced, my hands clenched in frustration. Every fiber of my being wanted to confront him, to implore him to deny the accusations. However, I resisted the urge and abruptly left the classroom.

In the solitude of the restroom, I worked to compose myself. Wiping away the tears that welled up in my eyes, I sought refuge in a quiet corner. Seated on a bench, the emptiness around me offered solace. Fumbling to turn on my mobile, I desperately checked for messages or calls from Ethan, but the screen remained devoid of any communication.

"You okay?" a voice I heard from behind. I saw Daniel leaning on the back of the bench, his arms resting on the bench and his hands clenched together. His face is down as he asked me if I am okay. Why every time he has to see me in my lowest? I let out a sigh and make a forced smile to let him know I am okay which I am not. He came to the front of bench and took a seat with me. I am looking down so he tilts his head to see me. I look at him and now it's hard to keep my composure because he is way too cute that it made me laugh.

For some moments I think he knows how to lift my mood and how to ease some of my heavy moments. I lean on his shoulder and close my eyes letting the cold breeze to hit my face so that I can feel okay. My head is already hurting thinking of him. This guy is giving me more hurt than good memories still I chose Ethan and always will.

"Do you trust him?" Daniel asked.

"Of course I do" I told him but my reaction after Ethan's confession was more like I don't trust him. I do trust him but I am not sure enough that he didn't so such a thing and what more is that he actually said yes to it. Now what am I supposed to do when he himself is confessing right standing in the middle of my classroom.

"Call him and clear all this up" he said. I am not calling him and he knows that. He lifts his shoulder and stands up causing my face to pull off from his shoulder. He starts walking.

He turns around and said to me "Get up I will walk you home" I am still seated on the bench so I for the last time turned on my mobile to see if I have any missed calls from Ethan and no there aren't any. I put my mobile in my bag and started walking with Daniel.