Dead in the Water: Part 2

Me and Sam walk into the motel room where Dean is sitting on his bed. "So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie" Sam states as I sit down on the other bed. "What do you mean?" Dean frowns, looking between me and Sam. "We drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead" Sam explains, sitting on the bed next to me.

"He drowned?" Deana asks. "Yep. In the sink" I sigh and Dean raises his eyebrows. "What the hell? So you're right, this isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else" Dean says. "Yeah, but what?" Sam asks. "I don't know. Water wraith, maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean, something that controls water – water that comes from the same source" Dean pieces together. "The lake" me and Sam say at the same time and Dean nods.

"Which would explain why it's upping the body the count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time" Sam says. "And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone, almost anywhere. This is gonna happen again soon" Dean sits at the table to put his shoes on.

"And we do know one other thing for sure. We know this has got something to do with Bill Carlton" Sam continues. "Yeah, it took both his kids" Dean nods. "And we've been asking around. Lucas' dad, Chris?" Sam says. "Bill Carlton's godson" I finish his sentence. "Let's go pay Mr. Carlton a visit" Dean stands up.

-

We get to the Carlton house and walk onto the dock where Bill is sitting. "Mr. Carlton? We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind" Sam says softly. "We're from the Department-" I start. "I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today" Bill cuts me off.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? you ever see anything out there? Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death...we think there might be a connection to you or your family" Sam continues.

"My children are gone. It's...it's worse than dying. Go away. Please" Bill tells us and the three of us walk back towards the Impala. "What do you think?" Sam asks. "I think the guy's been through hell. He's also not telling us something" I sigh. "So now what?" Sam asks and Dean freezes in place as he notices something.

"Are you okay?" I walk up to him and he takes out the drawing Lucas gave him, holding it up. "Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something" Dean says as we look at the drawing, seeing that it is the Carlton house.

-

"I'm sorry but I don't think it's a good idea" Andrea shakes her head. "I just need to talk to him for a few minutes" Dean says. "He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do?" Andrea sighs. "Andrea, we think more people might get hurt. We think something's happening out there" I try to reason with her. "My husband, the others, they just drowned. That's all" Andrea insists.

"If that's what you really believe then we'll leave. But if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let me talk to your son" Dean says and Andrea sighs.

We go up to Lucas' room and he's sitting on the floor while he colors. Me, Sam and Andrea stay in the doorway as Dean goes to Lucas. "Hey Lucas. You remember me?" Dean asks, crouching next to the boy who looks up straight at me and I smile at him softly.

"You know, I uh, I wanted to thank you for the last drawing. But the thing is, I need your help again" Dean puts the drawing on the floor. "How did you know to draw this? did you know something bad was gonna happen? Maybe you could nod yes or no for me" Dean continues.

"You're scared. It's okay. I understand. See, when I was your age, I saw something real bad happen to my mom, and I was scared too. I didn't feel like talking, just like you" Dean starts and I step inside the room, placing my hand on his shoulder and he takes a dee breath. "But see, my mom...I know she wanted me to be brave. I think about that every day. And I do my best to be brave. And maybe your dad wants you to be brave too" Dean finishes and I squeeze his shoulder gently.