Jake-Trouble

Jake always seems to find trouble. Until he has a run-in with a handsome and mysterious man. I'll also being writing this one shot in third person.

Also this was a suggestion from my bestie,SunHunterz23

Some minor swearing and violence.

****

Jake never cared about law. Hell, he lived to break the law as often as he could. He enjoyed living life on the edge. It made him feel more alive that way.

As Jake rode his horse into the nearest town, he immediately spotted the saloon. He grinned. He could certainly use a break and maybe shake things up as well.

****

Jake couldn't take his eyes off of the handsome man who'd just strolled into the saloon. Damn. The man, whom had dark hair and eyes, along with a scruffy dark beard, a few gray hairs mixed in, wearing a multi colored shirt, green jacket and brown pants, was as easy on the eyes as Jake had ever seen.

The man sauntered over to the front, leaning against the bar, asking the bartender for a glass of whiskey. His voice was low and deep, not to mention smooth. Jake shivered. He had to speak with this man.

Jake waited until the man had his whiskey and had went to find a seat. Jake hoisted himself up, sauntering over to the man and settling down into the chair next to him.

"Howdy." Jake grinned, leaning forward, his elbows resting on the table top, as he silently admired the man's ruggedly handsome face.

"Howdy."

"Name's Jake."

"Silva."

"You a Mexican?" Silva nodded, slowly sipping his whiskey, his brown eyes lingering on Jake's steel blue ones.

"Yup. That bother you?" Jake shook his head, still grinning.

"Nope. You interested in some mischief?"

Silva continued to sip his whiskey, his facial expression never changing.

"What kind of mischief?"

Jake laughed, leaning closer to Silva.

"You have to join in to find out, Mr. Silva."

***

Silva considered himself to be more of someone who preferred to stay out of the way. But something about Jake made him want to break the rules.

Perhaps it was those beautiful, steel blue eyes and that quick, easy grin of Jake's that made Silva want to do something...unconventional.

"So...we're gonna start a brawl in here?" Jake chuckled softly and nodded, as he strode over to the bartender.

"Sir, I have a bone to pick with you!"

"Now what?" The bartender wasn't even paying attention to Jake. He was too busy counting his money.

Jake swiftly moved, grabbing the bartender by his collar, forcing him to look at him.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" The bartender swallowed noisily.

"Y..Yes, sir. What..can I help you...with?"

"This whiskey tastes like shit!"

"I'm sorry! I just sell it! I don't make it!"

"Who does?" Jake demanded.

"Me." Jake turned, releasing the bartender, who had turned white as a sheet.

A big, burly man with long blond hair and sharp blue eyes, was standing in the doorway of the saloon, glaring daggers at Jake.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah. You got a complaint?"

"This whiskey is shit!" Jake picked up a bottle and threw it at the man, who just barely moved out of the way.

"Is that so, sonny?"

"That's so, buster." The man marched over to Jake, raised his hand, clenched his fingers into a fist and punched Jake right in the face.

Jake stumbled backwards and Silva hurried to the blond man, throwing his own punches. The man stumbled, falling on his ass.

Jake hooted with laughter as he got up, wiping the blood that was coming from his nose. He slapped Silva on the back.

"Why you dirty, rotten scoundrel!" The man bellowed, struggling to his feet, his face bright red with fury.

"I'll pound you!"

"Silva, you might want to run," Jake suggested as he raised his own fist, punching the man.

Silva took the hint and took off like a shot, out the back way, laughing as Jake joined him.

***

They'd ridden a good ways now, neither in a hurry to part ways. Silva seemed rather attached to Jake, which he definitely liked.

They stopped by a stream, stripping off their shirts and jumping into the cold water, splashing one another. Jake gazed into Silva's beautiful brown eyes and...suddenly, he was kissing him.

Silva grabbed Jake by the arms, pulling him closer as they continued to kiss. When they broke apart, they smiled at one another.

"You're a regular rebel, aren't you?" Silva asked, smiling tenderly.

"You might say that."

"You enjoy the thrill of breaking the law?" Silva touched Jake's cheek and Jake blushed.

"You could say that as well." Jake kissed Silva again and Silva blushed.

"Perhaps we could make a partnership then?" Silva suggested. Jake smiled and nodded.

"I'd be willing, Mr. Silva."

"Then we shall." Jake kissed Silva one more time before they climbed out of the stream.

"Partners?" Silva stuck out his hand and Jake tightly grasped it.

"Partners."