2 - Interrogation

Thranduil stopped besides Thorin, leaning down on his eye level. "You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you. The right to rule. The kings jewel. The Arkenstone" His words made Thorin look aside, while Thranduil slowly stepped back, stopping in front of me, his eyes still fixated on Thorin. Keeping on talking, he slowly entangled the plan of the dwarves. "It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that." Looking at me with a smile.

"There are gems in the mountain, that I too desire. White gems of pure starlight. I offer you my help." Thranduil bowed his head. That made Thorin chuckle: "I am listening." Immediately my husband stone changed, growing darker, a slight threat in his voice: "I will let you go. If you but return what is mine."

Thorin turned, walking to the edge of the platform. "A favor for a favor." And I could hear he did not trust one thing Thranduil was saying.

"You have my word." My husband pressed on. "One king to another."

"I would not trust Thranduil the great king to honor his word should the end of all days be upon us." Thorin turned around, pointing a finger at my husband, before he started yelling again. "You lack all honor. I have seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once. Starving, Homeless. Seeking your help. But you turned your back. You turned away form the suffering of my people in the inferno that destroyed us. Imrid amrâd ursul!"

I gasped, as I heard Thorin wish a fiery death upon my husband. Jumping from my seat, I was about to yell at him, but Thranduil raised his hand, my light elven feet clearly too loud for his ears. Taking a step towards Thorin, he bent down once again. "Do not speak to me about dragon fire. I know its wrath and ruin." Knowing what he was about to do, I balled a fist, gripping tightly at his cloak, when I watched him reveal his scar. I could only see the outer edges that covered his chin.

"I have faced the great serpents of the north." Thranduil pulled back, stepping closer to me. His whole demeanor changed. Was it before slightly arrogant but still willing to help. It was now hard and hateful. Something he rarely let me see. Still keeping his voice in check, he walked towards the stairs, giving me an apologetic look before turning back to Thorin. "I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon. But he would not listen."

Thranduil slowly walked up the steps and I shuffled to stand up, but he just signaled me to stay seated. Taking his stand next to me, hands clasped behind his back. "You are just like him." Then he waved his arms. The guards immediately jumping to action, grabbing the dwarves. "Stay here if you will and rot. A hundred years is a mere blink in the life of an elf. I am patient. I can wait."

The guards were about to drag the dwarves of, when I rose from my seat. "Wait." All action stopped, the dwarves looking at me with wide eyes. Slowly, I made my way down the stairs, stopping in front of Thorin. In comparison to Thranduil he looked tiny, but when I stood next to him, he reached up to my eyes. Looking me straight in the eyes, he challenged me by tilting his head. "Look at that. Thranduils little pet, decides to come to our aid. We do not need your help, woman." He spat directly in front of me, missing my feet by mere inches.

"Careful of your words, dwarf. I am currently the only one between you and my husbands wrath." I smiled, mimicking my husband as good as possible. It did not seem to help anything, as Thorin just chuckled. "Are you sure you are not a dwarf yourself? You barely outgrew me."

"I am an elf." I said, clenching my jaw. "And only a fool would underestimate his opponent that greatly. Are you perhaps a fool, dwarf?"

"I am no fool!" He yelled out and I couldn't help but chuckle: "Oh my apologies. Your latest actions must have misled me." Sighing I stepped around him, taking a closer look at the rest of the group. "You really should take my husbands offer. A small chest of white stones in exchange of an army. That is a small prize to pay, considering the wealth of that mountain." The rest of the dwarves had agreeing looks on their faces, but none of them dared to speak up against their leader.