6 - Celebration

Weeks later, after the ranks of dwarfs, elves and humans slowly started to find back into their normal life's, a letter from Elrond reached me and Thranduil. His daughters 2743th birthday was coming up. Lord Elrond had invited us to not only celebrate his daughter but also the reclaiming of Erebor. He even invited those of the fellowship, that survived the battle.

It was the first blossom of spring breaking over Rivendell, so I gladly took the opportunity to dress down on the layers of fabrics I had to wear over the course of winter. Much to the joy of my husband as it seems, because he had a special dress made for me. Another see-through silken dress, this time with a dark green touch to it. For the human and dwarven eye, it might seem modest, but I knew that elven eyes would be very aware of the transparent fabric. It had a deep plunge neckline as always only held in place by a corset, the skirt fanning out in many single trains overlapping to keep me covered but to allow easy access.

Knowing full well that my husband not only picked this dress with a purpose for his own pleasure, but to also show off what he possessed, I wore the dress with pride. It was a silently accepted fact, that neither him nor I were exactly private about our relationship and the course it had taken. Nobody talked about it, but everyone gossiped.

When it was time for the feast to start, Thranduil guided me down the paths of Rivendell. We had arrived the day prior to get accustomed to the new realm and that I could get ready in peace for the great day. I hated being stressed, especially when it came to take care of my looks. Lord Elrond and his daughter were already to be found at the great clearing where the feast was to be held, and I stepped out of my husbands arm, to greet them.

Hugging both of them, I linked my arm under Arwen to take her on a walk, wanting to catch up on that whole Aragorn thing that was going on in her life. "Soooo, tell me. What's it with Arathorns son that has your father write me letter after letter?"

"My father writes you letters over something this unimportant?" She gasped and I shrugged. "I am his cousin and married to the elven king. It was probably his last resort to ask me out of all."

"Oh yeah, with your reputation no doubt." Nudging me slightly, she giggled at her words. Scoffing with a fake hurt expression on my face, I clasped a hand in front of my chest. "My reputation? I sure hope it is only the best."

"Absolutely. There is only good word about the kings whore that spreads the realms." Arwen kept on teasing and I stayed in my fake offended persona, calling out for my husband who was only at the end of the long table: "Herven?" He instantly snapped his head around, giving me a soft smile: "Yes, my starlight?"

"Have you heard that I am apparently called the kings whore in these lands?" Letting my eyes convey the jest I put up, he caught it fairly quickly, puffing his chest a bit. "No, I have not. Show me those wicked, that dare to speak ill of my wife. I will have Feren see to them as soon as he is back."

Seeing all the other elves stare at us in a mixture of disbelieve and slight fear, I had to fight hard to suppress my laugh. I knew that not many believed the king to be a jester himself, so I could only imagine the worry that must run through their veins, seeing him so openly speak a threat. But seeing that Lord Elrond scowled at me, I decided to reveal my bluff, giggling like a child. "I love you, herven. For what you are and thrive to be." Thranduil knew I was trying to ease the tension, but of course he had to set another stone to the grave: "Your love only fuels my need to protect you from all harm. For as I have promised to cherish and take care of you for all eternity."

His confession of love, made my giggle subside into a soft smile and I couldn't help but stand in utter awe of him so openly speak about it. He wasn't a man to show his emotions that openly through words, but it seemed that the interaction with Tauriel after seeing her in absolute grief over Kili must have made him realize that his previous action had cause much harm to many. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see all of the surrounding servants and early guests stare at us, some even talking behind their hands. But my absolute focus laid upon my husband.