|CHAPTER 9|

[DISCLAIMER- THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS EATING DISORDERS & DRINKING ADDICTIONS/DRINKING TRAUMA (not encouraging or making this behavior look cool (cause its fucking not))
More specifically: Scott's aware that he's not eating as he should but shrugs it off  & Wallace's drinking problem gets worse which worries Scott too much]

Scott had a dream that night. Mysteriously, it was the same place he had his last dream. It seemed so long ago that he had a dream connected to his mind. It was the same setting. Same wet-leaved trees. The same bright moon shining with stars floating near it. This time the grass path was clear and no more mud was visible. The crickets still creaked and the forest was still mostly a shadow. Scott wondered if he'd hear the same voice that called him out in the last dream. He heard a water stream nearby making a splash splash as he walked.

He walked through the forest that was covered by trees. Twigs hit him in the face as he tried to get through and by the end, he was covered in rainleaf water. That sucked, but in the distance, he could hear the voice of a person. "Hello?" Scott called. It was silent. "I know you're here!" Scott said. Suddenly he heard something from behind him, it sounded like skates desperately trying to walk on the patches of grass that surrounded them. Scott tried to ignore this sound and focus on calling the guy who hid in the shadows before he felt a presence behind him.

Scott slowly turned around to see a girl behind him. She had aqua-green hair up to her shoulders and wore a sweater under a jean jacket. A bag slumped on her shoulders and her hood was up. Ramona. Scott immediately froze when he saw her. Was it really her? Or was Scott just imagining things? Ramona slowly fished the goggles out from his pockets and placed them on his head, securing them in place. "You should tell him how you really feel," she simply said. He didn't respond for a few seconds. "Who?" Scott stuttered. "You'll know," Ramona told him with a crooked smirk on her face. "Where did you go?" Scott said with his voice breaking.

She turned away. "You'll know," She repeated.

Scott woke up in a cold sweat, almost shouting Ramona's name. When he looked around he saw that he was no longer in his dream. He was back in his apartment. The sigh of relief couldn't have been longer. He scanned the room to see Wallace cooking breakfast. His back was turned on him so that gave Scott enough time to slip out of bed without Wallace commanding him back. He made his way to the bathroom and silently shut the door.

Scott went to the sink and looked at himself. There was one thing that surprised him. In his dream, Ramona put the goggles on Scott. It was just a dream. Not according to physics because he saw the goggles on his head exactly where Ramona had placed them. Scott was debating on removing them because he didn't feel like they belonged to him, but he kept them on as a reminder that Ramona was with him, at least mentally. Scott sighs as he takes on a more good look at himself in the mirror.

The same ginger hair and shirt and-

"What the hell," Scott thought. He rubbed his eyes to clarify. The mirror was doing something weird to him, a part of him looked more shadowy than the other. He decided to stop looking at the mirror for now to prevent himself from freaking out. Scott exited the bathroom to see Wallace look up from the plates of food. "Guy. When were you awake?" Wallace asked. "I don't know," Scott explained. "That's how much time I need to fuck-" Wallace began to joke. "Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. No sex jokes today," Scott said.

Wallace playfully groaned as Scott stared at the food, not in hunger though. The thought of food made Scott's stomach sick. He knew it was vital, but he didn't want any. If he didn't eat he'd be called skinny and slender. If he did eat he'd be called fat and chunky. Either way, it always ended the same during high school. "Don't just stand there staring at your food you look dumb like that," Wallace laughed. "I'm not hungry," Scott quickly said on command.

Wallace's grin disappeared as soon as it appeared. "Scott," Wallace began, sounding a bit angry. "I need to take a piss," Scott lied, excusing himself from being yelled at.

***

The day went by a bit more smoothly than the morning did. Wallace went somewhere at 5:00 P.M. And Scott stayed indoors still figuring out his headache. Even before the madness with the subspace highway, his head hurt. It started around the time Ramona disappeared and it hadn't gone away. It became muffled but now with the weird aura effect that happened in the subspace highway, it was at its worst.

Either way, the day was okay. That was before Wallace came through the door at midnight while Scott tried to fall asleep. "Guess who's really drunk?!" Wallace yelled, making Scott's head pound. "I guess Wallace," He mumbled. No sound came from the other side. Wallace then slumped onto the mattress, laying beside Scott. Scott made no conversation with Wallace to avoid a drunk interaction with him.

***

At 4:00 A.M. Scott heard vomiting from the bathroom. He sloppily got out of bed and went into the bathroom to see Wallace puking out all of his liquor. He was obviously still drunk because he was laughing. Wallace was very wasted, and that worried Scott because he was usually good at carrying alcohol but when he threw it up it was never a good sign. Scott didn't really want to see Wallace's face right now. "Are you ever going to stop your drinking problem," Scott mumbled angrily. More puking sounds came out of Wallace before he responded. "Probably not," Wallace laughed,
accomplished.

"And you're proud of that? Don't you remember last time asshole!" Scott yelled. "Yeah, yeah, big deal," Wallace said, leaning against the toilet. Scott stormed out of the bathroom and left Wallace to do his business.