Four

It was late, Lovisa was staring out of her balcony, dressed in an pale pink nightgown, wearing a matching sheer robe, with a fluffy hem and cuffs.

She missed her parents, she had regrets, and truthfully, she was scared.

Was there really someone out there who wanted to kill her? She didn't want to die, especially for politics.

A knock at the door interrupted her thoughts.

"Come in!" She called, from outside, she was surprised why Ahsoka would be knocking, normally, she just walked in as she pleases.

But who she wasn't expecting, was to see Anakin Skywalker walking in.

She turned around to face him, her elbows leant on the balcony as she stared, taking him in.

Seeing Anakin again, after all those years, it did something to her, something she didn't like.

He was incredibly good looking, which made things a lot more complicated, she knew for sure she was attracted to him, but he was a Jedi, and they follow a very strict code, it's why she didn't like him, she hated wanting things she couldn't have, and yet, it was always the things she desired the most.

He was also funny, and charming, and actually had an personality, unlike the other men she was forced to spend her time around.

"Hi, Princess." He greeted, walking towards her. "I wanted to check on you, make sure you weren't murdered, or at least still in your room."

"How did you know where my room is?" She asked him, her brows furrowing in curiosity.

"Padme showed me, my rooms just down the hall." He met her outside, and she turned back around, as he also lent on the railing.

"Oh..." She looked down, obviously his room would be near hers.

Silence surrounded them for a bit longer.

"Uh... I- I wanted to uhm, thank you.." She started, picking at her fingers, why did she feel nervous, Princess Lovisa Amidala was never nervous. "...For saving my life, a lot, today."

"Your highness, it is my duty to protect your life with my own, nothing will happen to you, as long as I can help it." He studied her face, as he licked his bottom lip.

"Oh, right." She looked away from him again.

"Princess, did I say something wrong?" He asked.

"No, you've done nothing wrong." She sighed.

"Then what is the matter?"

She weighed the question in her mind, but eventually, in normal Lovisa fashion, she dove in head first, not caring for consequences.

"Is my life only important to your job?" She asked, and she wanted to kick herself, as soon as the words left her mouth, but she looked back, keeping her eyes on his.

It took Anakin a few seconds to remember that he could speak, but he still could not find the words.

"Of course not." He said, shaking his head as he tried to think of what she said, and then what she meant. "I- Princess-"

"Don't" She held her hand up to him. "Talk to me without my title."

She wanted, no, needed him to care for her as a person, not as an Monarch, not the way as everyone else.

"Lovisa, I do value your life, regardless of who you are, and I do not wish to see harm brought to you, no matter how cruel or exhausting you have been to me, today." He said, truthfully.