CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED-TWO

KENTRELL...
CLEVELAND, OHIO
Next Morning...

He could feel a presence roaming around the bedroom. He laid on his back, and, stretched his limbs out. The sunlight assaulted his eyelids.

"Good mornin'." A voice hummed.

Kentrell yawned, a smile appearing on his face. "Mornin'." He sat up, rubbing his eyes aggressively, he opened them, and, immediately smacked his lips.

"Really nigga? You ain't happy ta see meh?." Tyquian scoffed, with a grin.

"Nah, you sound like Golden." Kentrell pulled the covers off his bare legs. "Where he at anyways?."

"Oh, he left."

"What!?." Kentrell got out of bed, standing on his feet, he immediately plopped back down, after feeling slightly light headed. "Without sayin' goodbye?." He questioned himself, as he grabbed his phone off the plug.

Tyquian sucked his lips in, hovering over Kentrell, he watched as his friend, pressed on Durk's number. He turned the volume up, and, waited patiently.

*Ring*

*Ring*

"Hello?." Durk asked, with slight confusion.

"Dats real fucked up." Kentrell said.

"Huh?"

"You leavin' without sayin' goodbye."

"You wanted me ta say goodbye, before I left da bedroom?." The confused tone never left Durk's voice, and, it was starting to piss Kentrell off.

"Yeah, I did, yo ass actin' funny, cause when I left, I sent yo ass uh text, you ain't sent meh nothin' yet."

"Kentrell." Durk chuckled. "Stop playin' on ma phone--."

"I ain't playin' doe." Kentrell raised his voice. "Where are you?."

"What are you talkin' 'bout?."

Before Kentrell could go off, Tyquian bursted into laughter. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry."

Kentrell mugged him. "Fuck so funny?."

"He ain't left, he downstairs makin' yo paranoid ass sum breakfast." Tyquian cackled, as he tossed his head back.

Kentrell relaxed his brows, standing up, he hung up the phone, and, left Tyquian behind. Fearing if he didn't, he'd beat Tyquian's ass into a coma.

He headed down the hallway, passed the frontroom, and, walked towards the kitchen, where he saw Durk sitting at the table, with his mother, and, his pops.
Kentrell pressed his lips into a thin line.
Mable shifted to her side, her brows rose, ,she gave Kentrell a look only a mother could give.

Kentrell's pops frowned.

Tyquian came rushing behind. He slapped Kentrell's shoulder, before, walking back to the frontroom.

"Come sit son."

Kentrell walked over to the dining table, his head kept down to avoid their eyes. He sat down beside Durk, folded his hands, and placed them ontop of the thighs.

Durk grabbed the glass plate, and, cup, and slide it in front of Kentrell. "I made you breakfast."

"'Preciate it, sorry for goin' off, just really stressed, and, hungry." Kentrell lied.

"You good." Durk rubbed his back. "Just breathe next time." The tone in his voice sounded more like a threat.

Kentrell nodded his head. "Uh, what was y'all talkin' 'bout befoe I came in hea'?."