9-Rowan

Griffin

"I'll race you," Elle said with a playful grin.

She and I were holding hands while strolling through the Sylvan Ash forest. It was relaxing, to just be close to my mate as we took in the nature surrounding us.

"Sure, love," I told her with a chuckle.

"What, you don't think I'm faster than you?" she asked while narrowing her eyes at me. "Let's just see."

She suddenly let go of my hand and jumped forward, transitioning in mid air. Her wolf was breathtakingly beautiful. Her fur was a glorious honey color that had me mystified. I smiled at her eagerness and shifted into my wolf, my clothes dropping from my body in shreds as Elle's had. My wolf was much larger than hers, but I found it adorable when she started prancing around me, and licking my face.

With one look back at me, she was off. Her legs moved like lightning, and I had to catch up to her. I was impressed with how she expertly dodged the trees while she ran in front of me. Her silky fur was almost a blur through the woods. 

Coming up on a large fallen tree, I worried for her safety when she didn't slow down, but was soon relieved when she jumped; her paws barely gracing the log as she jumped across it. I growled from the impressive move our mate had exhibited, and soon did the same. On the other side, she hadn't slowed.

She looked back at me for a moment with amusement sparkling in her eyes. A dark brown blur appeared out of nowhere, and she collided with it. They both went tumbling across the ground, and I sped up to get to her. Once I did, I stood between her and this wolf.

I bared my teeth and growled at him while standing between he and my mate. Jeong whimpered slightly on the inside, which had me confused. It almost felt as if he was trying to tell me something, but my anger toward this wolf who had collided with my mate overwhelmed anything else. I jumped forward slightly and snapped my teeth and this wolf. He growled back at me, seemingly not wanting to stand down.

Elle's wolf whimpered quietly behind me. The wolf in front of me glanced between she and I several times. I narrowed my eyes at him. If anyone thinks they can get to my mate, they have another thing coming.

I attacked then, biting at his neck while his form collapsed on the ground. He growled and snapped back at me. It wasn't like this for a moment before Elle, now in her human form, shoved my wolf and stood in between us. She held her hands out to both of us, in a defensive stance.

"Stop it, both of you! Can't you see what this is?" She directed the first part at both of us, but the second at me. I looked between her and the brown wolf, curious as to what she meant. That's when I noticed the most magnificent chocolate irises staring at me; terrified. I calmed down then, shifting back to my human form. I walked toward Elle, and stood beside her as we both looked at the wolf.

His scent was so unique, but so glorious at the same time. Now that I was calm, Jeong broke through to me.

"Mate."

Shit.

The wolf saw my calm demeanor and shifted to his human form as well, standing in front of Beth and I, watching us closely.

His skin tone was a deep, warm espresso color. It was so breathtaking, I wondered for a moment how it would taste on my tongue.

Is this possible? Two mates? It had to be. There was no other explanation here. 

Elle stepped forward.

"I'm Elle," she spoke to him softly.

"I'm uh... Griffin," I stumbled over my words.

"Rowan," his deep voice rumbled through his chest as he spoke. It sent shivers through my spine.

"Rowan, I'm sorry, I-" I began to apologize to my new mate.

"No, it's alright. I understand," he assured me.

Elle stepped closer to Rowan, and gently caressed his cheek. He leaned into it. There wasn't an ounce of jealousy in me from witnessing the exchange. Just an urge to join the intimacy.

"Are you okay?" she asked as she looked up at him. He placed his hand over hers on his cheek while he glanced at me for a moment.

"I'm fine. Are you okay? I didn't mean to run into you like that," he said to her in a near whisper. She grinned at him.

"I'm okay. I wasn't looking where I was going," she replied.

I began walking slowly toward them, unable to ignore the natural pull any longer. I wrapped my arms around both of their bodies, deeply inhaling Rowan's scent. Both of my mates' scents complimented each other so perfectly. 

Just like her ivory skin next to his dark chocolate skin tone, her flowing blonde locks next to his wavy black hair, her icy blue eyes next to his deep sepia ones, and her lilting, feminine voice compared to his deep, masculine tone.

My mates are so perfect. The amount of love I held for both Rowan and Elle was so expansive, it hurt.

I sighed contentedly as I held my world in my arms.